3.1 chip on a 3100 motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.1 chip on a 3100 motor?

ever heard of this concept? will it work. using a 3.1 grand prix comp on a 3100 motor??
    Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
    02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
    www.blackbombshell95.com

Yup, it definetly works cause ive tuned 2 gen 3s using the older computer. I dunno which year 4T60-E you would need to have though or if your 95 trans will work ok with some wiring changes.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

swap to a 5speed and the trasmission problem is solved

Comment

Swapping the 5 speed is considerably more work than finding out if the wiring can be redone to the trans to work, especially in a 94+ w body.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i would love to have a manual. but i can'nt find anybody to do it . lol. i have a 95 grand prix... so how well will an older computer work with my tuned car??? how hard would it be to install an older computer?? i'm sure an older TGP computer will work well especially if i get a turbo huh??
          02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
          www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Same computer as the NA 3.1s (w body). However the TGP computer wont work with your trans unless you wanna let the stock ECM handle the transmission crap (though adjusting shift points is very nice). Aside from wiring it up, it will work out just fine once you tune the chip in the computer.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

so would i need two computers with a turbo setup??? is that possible. is their anyway to program a 3.1 computer to work my my trans? there is a guy who makes turbo grand prix chips, in fact he owns seVERAL turbo grand prixs. he is JIM at www.turbograndprix.com i'm sure with his knowledge he might be able to get my trans to work with the older computer if it is possible.
              02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
              www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

If you use the 3.1 with 4T60-E computer (same as 91-93 DOHC) then its a possibility. Im just not sure how the 95 trans works compared to the 91-93. I know its different but how much so and what the computer cares about are what are important.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

who might know that answer ben?
                  02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                  www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Brad might know.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

what if i do this. since im planning doing a turbo swap from a 3.1 . and i will have to use a turbo grand prix pcm, how about i use a turbo grand prix tranny? won't that work with my car?
                      02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                      www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Working...
                      X