-3AN or -4AN for clutch lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -3AN or -4AN for clutch lines?

I was going to go -3AN but somebody said it would be too small and would make the clutch pedal weird. I dont really see why it would matter. Any opinions?

-GREEN 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE - L82/5spd MTX +
    -White 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 97 207DOHC/6SPD MTX +

I have fittings to convert to AN3 lines so I would hope its big enough.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Seems very small. The holes at the end of the master and slave are probably twice that but russell performance says -3an is sufficient for clutch applications.

Comment

Alright guys. If anyone wants to make their own braided stainless clutch lines heres the junk i used:

"Quick Disconnect" Factory Style Fittings W/-3AN Threading:
        Free Shipping - Russell Clutch Adapter Fittings with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Quick Disconnect Fittings at Summit Racing.

QD Fitting to -3AN Hose Adapter:
        Free Shipping - Aeroquip Reusable PTFE Fittings with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Hose Ends at Summit Racing.

6' -3AN Braided Stainless Steel Hose:
        Free Shipping - Aeroquip TFE Racing Hose with qualifying orders of $109. Shop AN Hose at Summit Racing.

Comes out to about $60. I havent tried it out yet but ill let you know how the pedal feels after its back together. Russell performance says -3AN is ideal for clutch applications so i assume there wont be any problems with size. Another thing this setup doesnt use an accumulator like factory so the clutch will feel a lot more real and you'll have complete control of the clutch.

Pics

Comment

Working...
        X