No announcement yet.

How can you check your timing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really sounding like ECM. If you had bad injectors, you would never get a good run.
    \"I think I\'ll take this oppurtunity to remove my ears.\"
    --Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

94 Grand Am GT 3100 16.4@83mph
    WAI, custom exhaust, MSD Coils

Comment

Not true. My car ran fine when it was cold. Only after it warmed up did it crap out. (Though it does take a bit longer to warm up in December here.)
      I just replaced another bad one 3 days ago.
      90 Chev Lumina 3.1 398 000 KMs
      If if works, DON\'T FIX IT.

Comment

I was just talking to 92turboLE on the W-body page and he had all the same symptems I have but it was his coolant temp sensor. This kinda makes sense since right before the problems started my fan would not turn on, so that is a cheap 36$ part that I will put in this weekend and depending on what the $ flow is likw I might try a IAC, EGR, and AIT sensors. If I replace the coolant temp sensor is there any thing else around there that I sould replace too?

Comment

don't bother with the AIT sensor. It wouldn't cause the car to run like that - plus it should give a code if its bad. If you want try unplugging it - that will set off the SES light.

Comment

Thanx for all the help guys. When I try some things this weekend I'll post them on this thread so that I don't fill the board up with all the same crap over and over. Thanx again

Comment

Also try the ignition module...I've had the same symptoms, and it either was not grounded with dielectric grease(wears off after a few years) or the module was just bad and needed replaced. Auto Zone will test them for free, if you can get them off.(try and keep some skin on your knuckles)...also have a look-see at your coils while you're at it.
              Teal Indy
              Yello Indy
              90 STE
              90 GTZ
              90 EURO

Comment

Working...
              X