cam sensor exchange 03-98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam sensor exchange 03-98

I want to use the bottom of a 98m 3.1 with low miles with the top half of an 03 3.1, the bottom half of the 03 is seized up. After thinking everything exchanges I have discovered the cam sensors are different. I need to know if i can use the 03 cam sensor in the 98 block and with that camshaft. It will fit in the block and has the same length as the 98 sensor but it is shaped different and the connectors are different for the wiring. I guess the real question is will the car run and run correctly with the 03 sensor which matches the computer, fuel injection, ignition etc for the car installed in the 98 block?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

they all produce the same signal, but as you've discovered, they can be physically different.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

You can use any cam with any sensor, so that aspect is not the issue. Use whatever sensor works with your wiring, since the lengths are different depending on the harness itself.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
      X