3500 uim + spacers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500 uim + spacers?

I was wondering how high a ported 3500 uim + 1/2 inch intake spacers would sit on a 3400? How much clearance would I have with the hood? I have a 99 grand am 3400 with ported 3400 uim and spacers, and a ported 3400 lim on the way and was wondering how much higher it would sit. I believe they sit about an inch higher but im not sure, plus the 1/2 inch spacers.

I know that after I put on the spacers the coil mounting bracket wouldnt bolt up but the manifold would sit underit. But would I have to cut the bolt holes off the coil bracket to make room for the 3500 manifold?

Also, would it even be worth it to switch to a ported 3500 uim with a ported 3400 lim?

Thanks

In my oppinion, the 3500 plenum runs alot cooler than the 3400 plenum.

Spacers on a 3500 plenum should only improve the air temps entering the engine.
    2000 Grand Am GT
    2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

I know but is it worth getting the ported 3500 uim over the ported 3400 uim, along with the ported 3400 lim?

And will I have enough clearance?

Comment

You should have enough clearance.
        I know I have enough on my grand am, I just haven't bought a set of spacers yet as I am deciding what my next steps are with the car.

I would go with a ported 3500 plenum over the ported 3400 any day. However if you go with the 3500 plenum, I would opt for the 65mm TB.
        2000 Grand Am GT
        2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

Yea Im gonna go with a 62mm eventually, just gotta get some money. Im debating if I wanna save up for headers or not though. I have a ported lim on the way(bought from the store), Im gonna put it on while Im changing my lim gasket hopefully this weekend.

I have 131k on it and Im still modding

Oh and I have one more question if someone can answer real quick. I have a 99 grand am 3400, but ordered the 2000+ ported lim. Will this work on my motor ok? The only difference I know of on the different year manifolds is the egr on the upper, but is there any difference between the lim's?

Comment

Just let me know if your lower intake has a threaded connection for the coolant pipe. 00+ are press in but I am not sure if the 99 is threaded or not in a grand am. The press in fit manifolds can be made into threaded but its easier for me to just port what you need.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Im not sure about the coolant pipe. I already placed my order a few days ago, but just realized my mistake. Ive never heard anyone talking about differences and when people sell them used they never say anything different from the years.

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                Just let me know if your lower intake has a threaded connection for the coolant pipe. 00+ are press in but I am not sure if the 99 is threaded or not in a grand am. The press in fit manifolds can be made into threaded but its easier for me to just port what you need.
                Yea I found out that 99 are threaded. Damn, is there any way I can change my order?

Comment

Its taken care of
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                  X