My Long Block Build is Complete!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackbombshell95 View Post
    Should I paint my valve covers the same color as the block(blue) or a Gloss Black?
    I've always liked the polished look personally... theres something not so pleasing to look at about a multitude of darker colors, i.e deep blue block, gloss black valve covers... just my tastes lean more toward chrome looking shit. The block color is alright, and I think using some colors lighter than, or chrome, would compliment it, rather than make it look like somebody puked up a rainbow. So yeah, i'd polish those things up, that would look sick.

Comment

Hey mine has a lot of dark going on! But then again the car is a brighter color. In a black car polished cover and black plenum would be good, or black cover and polished plenum. Other wise I'd do the blue cover black plenum.

Really though if I had a black car I would do a red/black engine theme. Red is Pontiac's colors after all
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by geldartb View Post

if he would throw some specs up with the cams he's selling then he might sell a few more but i wouldnt buy one without knowing what i was getting, thats why i went with ben's.
        The specs are all out on the net in various places.. i don't think he put much thought into them though... The stage 2 is decent but could use more duration.

Ben > Mike
        Past Builds;
        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
        Current Project;
        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

I bet Moon is glad that he was sent by mistake stage2 over a stage1 now haha.
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
            I bet Moon is glad that he was sent by mistake stage2 over a stage1 now haha.
            I think so too. But he has to be coilbinding with that much lift and ls6 springs.

I want to know how thick his shims are.

My car is black. My interior Colors are BLUE. My calipers are blue. My center caps are blue. My engine block is blue.

I'm not sure if chrome is the right color. Either blue or gloss black? I'm not sure yet. But I need to decide here by monday.
            Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
            02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
            www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

As long as you at least block sand the 3400 letters on the plenum shiny all black would be cool like 3400-modified's.
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

I think so too. But he has to be coilbinding with that much lift and ls6 springs.

I want to know how thick his shims are.
                .015" shims

he's running the LS6 greens and stock pushrods so he may not bet getting full lift out of the cam, iirc it was damn close to coil bind though...
                Past Builds;
                Current Project;

Comment

I don't think i' ll paint the plenum. They come from 60degv6 Store already painted and look badass!

I just want to paint the strut covers, dog bone mounts, fender braces, and valve covers all one color. Blue(same as the block), chrome, or gloss black.
                  02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                  www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                    .015" shims

he's running the LS6 greens and stock pushrods so he may not bet getting full lift out of the cam, iirc it was damn close to coil bind though...
                    Where is he getting .015 shims that work with ls6 springs?
                    02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                    www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Where is he getting .015 shims that work with ls6 springs?
                      he's running the same SBC copper coated flat shims that i was running.
                      Past Builds;
                      Current Project;

Comment

My plenum says 3100
                        02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                        www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

The longblock is complete and is in my dad's garage. I cleaned out my entire closet of car parts that are to go to my dad's garage on wednesday. Once my prizm is loaded their won't be room for even a gallon of milk. That is how much shit I got here.

My car will get towed there in about 2-4 weeks and then the build will begin. Wish me luck guys.
                          02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                          www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Good to hear that there is progress!
                            sigpic
                            1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
                            3400/Getrag 284 5spd
                            1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
                            350/NV3500 5spd
                            2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

My Plenum says 3100 too Except I have 3500 parts, you dont.

Nice build though... Thats gotta be a crazy amount of money there.

Ben is estimating 285 for my crank power with my new cam setup when I pull this motor to go in my new car... thats gonna be some nice power.
                              Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 01-04-2008, 10:33 AM.

Got Lope?
                              3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                              Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                              Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                              12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                                My Plenum says 3100 too Except I have 3500 parts, you dont.

Nice build though... Thats gotta be a crazy amount of money there.

Ben is estimating 285 for my crank power with my new cam setup when I pull this motor to go in my new car... thats gonna be some nice power.
                                I'm not sure what 285 crank is in whp but it sounds like it should be close to me. I need him to run another simulation of mysetup. 250 whp or bust. And the engine was built for spray too. Little things like piston&valve coatings and flow matched heads should help with the nitrous
                                02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                                www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Working...
                                X