No announcement yet.

Need Help choosing a Walbro 255 Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dropped my tank 3 times in a period of a week trying to troubleshoot a fuel issue with my nitrous... It ended up being the Nozzle of all things.

Got Lope?
    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
      I dropped my tank 3 times in a period of a week trying to troubleshoot a fuel issue with my nitrous... It ended up being the Nozzle of all things.
      There are many needed qualities to make a great mechanic/auto technician.

Two of which I learned are patience and persistence. To drop your fuel tank 3x's in a week clearly shows you got those two, patience and persistence.

I salute you my friend, lol. Once was more then enough for me in a year!

btw, car is fixed. See "We have lift off!" thread in misc

Comment

I made wing nuts for my tank straps..... That is how bad it was getting with the walboro counterfeits. I allll most put them to use.
        Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988GTU View Post
          I made wing nuts for my tank straps..... That is how bad it was getting with the walboro counterfeits. I allll most put them to use.
          lol, at least you thought about making it easier for yourself down the road.

Hopefully I am done with larger scale projects for now.

The body work will be much less stressful. Being I was a professional painter for 10+ years. I did A LOT of high end commercial, some industrial mixed with an occasional 2+ million dollar home.

I was considered on of the best in the region. My work was fast, clean and pleasing to the eye.

My cut lines were straight like a machine painted it.

So painting, body work is easy. I look forward to a nice sunny day getting my spring tan back while working on the body.

The paint job I have planned will look sharp, very sharp. I have a few ideas that will bring out the bodies design. Like white strips along the bottom with a solid black where the panels are indented. White top with 2 large black racing strips and a small black strip along the outer edges.

And also a chrome line just under the side windows running down the side of the body.

I'll be sure to post a pic when it is done.

Comment

Painting a house or a building is nothing like painting a car Never say body work is easy, you'll be cussing yourself for that one. LOL

I for-see that tan becoming a burn when things do run amok.

Good luck

As good as I am doing the mechanical part, I brought my car to my cousin to do my body and paint work. He pushes out 30k paint jobs on some cars so I figured he would do a good job.

Got Lope?
            3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
            Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
            Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
            12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

I helped my dad on a few cars before with bodywork and paint. He has since begun going to a professional, not because we didn't do a good job, but just due to the time and money involved. He'd rather pay a guy a little more than to spend countless hours on something, when there is always other things that need to get done. He still does little items himself, but whole cars go out to get done.
              -Brad-
              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
              sigpic
              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
              X