3 years later.....it finally runs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 years later.....it finally runs!!

3 years ago I posted that I got the engine in the car. Yesterday it idled on it's own for the first time since December, 2004.

Here's a video from 2 days ago. Wouldn't idle on it's own yet, so I had to feather it to keep it going. This is with only 3' worth of exhaust off the turbo. Idle is somewhat fixed now, but needs tweaking. And it's time to tune.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Franz

1990 Z24-NA 3.1L
    14.72 @ 92.24 MPH
    14.89 @ 94.92 MPH

The boost is coming....

Congrats!! glad to see another project come to life.
    Took a break from working on the car. Got some better tools, got a better shop, got a better job... Its time to burn metal!

Comment

Good going, Franz

I remember riding in that car at the GMF/S10F/60v6 meet in Ohio when it was the craziest NA Cavi out there.

BTW, you only have 1/8th of a tank of gas
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
      Originally posted by Jay Leno
      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Thanks guys! And yes, that's all the 94 octane my little gas can would hold. I need to get more already.

Ohio seems like a lifetime ago Jon! I took so many people for a ride that day, my brakes were fading from doing so many 0-60 runs in a city I was unfamiliar with, and not in my own country.....lucky I didn't get the wrong type of attention that day.
        Franz

1990 Z24-NA 3.1L
        14.72 @ 92.24 MPH
        14.89 @ 94.92 MPH

The boost is coming....

Comment

Nice What happened to your custom intake manifold? Hell, I didn't even remember you were doing turbo. Shoot me your tune file and ill check it out. I have some experience with megasquirt, and turbo cars now Ill need the engine specs/cam specs/injectors/fuel pressure. What size turbo are you using?
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Hey Ben!
            It does have a custom intake now. I'll get pictures out once I clean it all up. Not looking so good yet.

Turbo is a T3/T4 set up T04B V trim .60 cold side, 0.63 hot side.
            Injectors are Ford 35 lb low impedance
            Fuel pressure is stock, roughly 42 psi
            10:1 compression
            3100 pistons, bored 0.5mm over
            194 cubic inch
            H260 cam.....still, don't remember all specs off the top of my head, but I think it's 112 lobe seperation, 0.427 intake and 0.454 exhaust
            Using Innovate LC1 wideband.

Need anything else?

I'm at work right now, but I'll send the MSQ file when I get home. It's not even close to right yet, but I'm sure you have a better idea than me.
            Franz

1990 Z24-NA 3.1L
            14.72 @ 92.24 MPH
            14.89 @ 94.92 MPH

The boost is coming....

Comment

Working...
            X