No announcement yet.

Building a better flowing intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've also heard of people adapting the lt1 throttle body to the 3.4 intake, is it possible to make it fit with minimal modfications to a 3500 intake? also would you guys reccomend rebuilding my bottom end it has over 200,000 on it...

Comment

you do what ever you want, idealy yes, but your going to be spending more money getting someone to do it all and getting it done properly (bottom end ballanced)
      i wouldnt waste time with a lt1 Tb when there are bolt on parts avalible for a reasonable price. source out your options on www.wottech.com

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

i've been looking at a company not to far from my place, katech. in the new year i'm going to be calling and hopefully getting a reasonable quote for the rebuild of the bottom end/porting. i'm all for paying it to be done right the first time. i know i'll be paying top dollar for it to be done. but this will be a hell of a lot cheaper then buying a new car. and besides, i love my camaro so its worth every penny to me. i've already had the trans rebuilt with 2500 stall and suspension work done so now its motor time.

I'm just trying to gather as much information as possible so when the time comes for me to give my car to them they dont have to guess at what to do/use.
        Last edited by Big_Jeff; 12-25-2011, 06:57 PM.

Comment

ok so i found the list i was looking for, but i still have a question or two. first off can anyone tell me why the person decided to use the 3400 UIM instead of the the 3500 UIM
          Main Parts List This thread will document EVERY part purchased for my hybrid build, be it large or small. Pictures of these parts will be taken for reference and posted in the following pages. *note this is a tentative list and will be updated/changed accordingly as new parts are purchased and plans develop. -

edit: i might have found the reason. i believe they used it so you could use the stock cowl hood... hmm looks like i might be using a 3400 uim
          Last edited by Big_Jeff; 12-26-2011, 02:50 AM.

Comment

yeah, just copy and paste what he did lol, but reality, get wottech to do the heads and intake, you dont want someone to F it up and charge you more, he's been doing these heads for years and has honed his skills and workmanship, along with flow benched his work, it will be cheaper in the end.

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

i decided to stay with the 3500 uim because of greater flow so i will be doing some hood modfications, not to mention it will be the only v6 4th gen camaro with an intake sticking out the hood . I'll be calling around places for quotes in January. so... get ready for a great conversation Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jeff View Post
                i decided to stay with the 3500 uim because of greater flow so i will be doing some hood modfications, not to mention it will be the only v6 4th gen camaro with an intake sticking out the hood . I'll be calling around places for quotes in January. so... get ready for a great conversation Ben

It won't stick out of the hood. I posted side-by-side comparison pics between the manifolds years ago and the brake booster port on the 3500 barely interferes with the cowl on a 4th gen. Definitely won't be sticking out....
                Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

well thats some good news thanks forcedfirebird. although i was looking forward to making a hood scoop.... maybe ill make one anyways to be functional ram air i've always liked the idea of ram air intakes.

Comment

might have to push this build back a little... just got into a legal battle with a local shop. if i win... it gets built faster....

Comment

Working...
                    X