Looking to build a mild sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bob442 View Post
    After reviewing everything. I would agree. If it runs leave it the f**k alone. If you want a race car build one. If you want a driver, buy one. Don't try to mix both. Power is fun but I've had none stop headaches with custom parts and crap with my driver/race car

Well if you reviewed everything you would have known that I said the intake gaskets need replaced so I was just gonna go ahead and buy a newer better flowing intake while I had it apart. But thanks anyways.

Comment

You could probably find the wiring diagrams for your bastard throttle body and adapt the harness with newer pigtails and run a regular MAF, TPS and IAC. Then go ahead with a 3400 LIM and 3500 UIM. You will have tune issues but Robertisaar might be able to help with that.

Or.. just toss on a 75 wet shot and beat the snot out of it. Who knows how long that trans will last.. lol

Good Luck!
      Past Builds;
      1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
      1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
      Current Project;
      1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Ehh, it is perfectly okay to mod a daily driver. Given that your throttle is a PITA to swap, there are other things you can still do.

Like getting a performance tune/chip, cold air intake, electric water pump, roller rockers, camshaft, NOS, bigger exhaust, trans shift kit,

the chip will do a lot w/ spark timing, afr's, shift points, etc
        1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

What performance chip/tune would you be talking about?
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
            What performance chip/tune would you be talking about?
            Well, judging your response I take it there is no stock PCM tuning options. So I suppose a PCM swap or piggyback system will do.
            1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

the 94-95 A-body L82 PCM is tuneable.... most people don't like it though, myself included.
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

You might be able to fit K&N's RF-1024 under the hood, after finding the right adapters. It's a massive air filter that might even be overkill, but it looks great and I've enjoyed the results.
                - Stephen Brand

Comment

Working...
                X