Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads

Okay, after I eventually do the 2000+ 3x00 or < 99 3400 intake manifold swap for my 97 3100, and hopefully 62mm TB from FDP (are they still around?) or APoC, what next I thought. Well what about heads?

What heads would be better to put on? Is there any respectable difference in of any of the heads capable of directly bolting up to do a mere swap? Or is it only worth it if the heads have had work done to them? Then, what heads to use anyways? This would be for a 97 3100.

Car insurance is legal discrimination

You can use any gen 3 heads you want really. The 2000+ 3100 and all 3400 use a 1.76" intake vs 1.72 that you have now. Not much difference really.

You would be better off just having work done to what you have.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

But I can only have a max of 2 or 3 days downtime. Maybe I can get heads cheap off ebay or from a junkyard? And I thought there was something about the combustion chambers of the 3400 heads being a tad too big for a stock 3100?

Comment

The combustion chamber didn't change size between the different years, unless you count the potential difference that the larger valve has in changing the volume. Otherwise, heads are heads and unless you have work done to them, you aren't going to see any gains.
        26+6=1

Comment

Damnit, who the hell was telling me I couldn't put 3400 heads on a 3100. I'm going to find that guy and smack him. Yeah, I agree about not getting new heads unless they have headwork, this was more a confirmation of what heads from what years I could use that would directly hook up.

Comment

3400 (and 00+ 3100) heads will match up better to the newer intake ports and thus providing for better flow. But, you can always get a set of heads ported and get the runners all matched up to one another and then you won't have to worry about that problem.
            26+6=1

Comment

Working...
            X