MAF sensors tuned for mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF sensors tuned for mods?

I have read a few posts on various boards talking about having a MAF that is calibrated for a cold air intake, or ram air, or whatever. From how I understand it, the MAF is calibrated to the engine and ECM, not to what mods you have. So, wtf is up with these posts and am I wrong or is this just more bullshit?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

I could understand having a larger (better?) MAF FOR a BETTER CAI setup, but yeah I totally think the MAF is calibrated engine and ECM, since my MAF is totally removed and my car is quite driveable.

Comment

Isn't that kind of like the thinking of the IAT mod that people do? I mean, the MAF is reading incoming air and basing whatever it does off that right? If that's the case, I can see why you would want a bigger dimension MAF (so it's not restricting flow), but not why you would need to calibrate it.

Comment

Calibrated for the computer so it gets the proper input (resistor packs or something are how they are adjusted) makes sense...but I don't comprehend this idea for tuning for a cold air intake.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
        X