LS rockers in 3.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS rockers in 3.9

So, I got to looking and I verified that HPT will work with the Buick Lucerne 3.9 for tuning. I'm not trying to go nuts with this, but have a goal of V8 power from this V6 with better fuel mileage. I have a shift kit in the 4T65-E now, and am waiting for the final piece so I can actually write a tune to this car. Since the 3.5 and 3.9 use the same rockers, what I'm curious about is opening up the intake, doing a port and polish on the manifold & plenum, and then trying to get a little more out of the stock cam without replacing the cam, since I'm not seeing ANYTHING for cams for this thing. I think I recall LS rockers fitting in a 3.5, which would mean that they would for the 3.9 as well. Is this accurate, and if so, what kind of ratio would I want? I'd like 1.8:1, and I would consider valve springs here, too. I don't intend to spin it much faster than stock, and shift points seem to be around 5700rpm now. If rockers allowed, I'd go 6100-6200 maybe. I'm ultimately looking for ~280HP and 300ft lb at the crank. I have no problem tuning for midgrade fuel or premium to get there if need be. Thanks for the input.

I have not heard of any rocker arm options for these engines. Stock rockers better take 7k, cause they certainly look nicer than the older 60V6 rockers that do 7k no problem. Only cams are deleting the VVT so really not what most OEM owners want to deal with. Tune makes a hell of a difference on a 3900 G6. Probably be able to pull the same improvements on your Lucerne, same transmission.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Gotcha. For some reason, I thought I had heard of LS rocker options. I suppose I was wrong. Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah, saw cam options last night, and I just might go that route. If I'm looking for a reliable setup that can be daily driven, what option do I want? I would love to turbo the thing, but that's just not gonna happen

Comment

The street/strip is the best all around cam with a good/perfect idle. Its hard for me to not recommend it since its the most popular cam for the 3100/3400/3500.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
        X