photogallery ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photogallery ?

hey how much space do users get for pics, i was gonna upload all the dif fpics of my turbo install but after 10 pics it said i was out of space
    sigpic

You should be allowed 5MB, and after looking at your picture sizes, there is no way you are close to that. Try again, and if possible, post a screen shot of the error message it gives you.

EDIT : Nevermind, my math is way off today. Depending on how many pictures you have, you might resize them to a max size of, say 1024x768, to get the initial file size down. Its more work, I know, but there really isn't any reason for people to see the picture any larger than that because I doubt they are going to be printing it out for themselves.
    Last edited by bszopi; 12-09-2006, 12:05 PM.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

ok thnx man ill shrink them and convert them all to .gif's to save space,how do i delete pics i have already uploaded?
      sigpic

Comment

To delete the image, goto the desired image, goto tht Image Tools drop down (upper right corner of image border), and select Edit Image. You can then delete the image, or just replace it with a different (ie, resized) image.
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I have changed it to unlimited space. If its for 60V6 stuff I don't want to limit people (until we have to anyway). If its non 60V6 stuff that starts getting posted then I will create usergroups and set it up that way.

Still, it would be nice to try and conserve resources like loading pics for those on dialup. We don't need anything bigger than 1024x768. Its set now to keep the original pics but I could set it to auto resize and delete the originals. If we get low on space and people complain on pic sizes, we can deal with it then.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
            I have changed it to unlimited space. If its for 60V6 stuff I don't want to limit people (until we have to anyway). If its non 60V6 stuff that starts getting posted then I will create usergroups and set it up that way.

Still, it would be nice to try and conserve resources like loading pics for those on dialup. We don't need anything bigger than 1024x768. Its set now to keep the original pics but I could set it to auto resize and delete the originals. If we get low on space and people complain on pic sizes, we can deal with it then.
            so uploading all the pics of the turbokit/install/fab work would be ok?
            i still havent had the time to/but im going to shrink all the pics and convert them to .gifs to get the file size way down
            sigpic

Comment

unless you have a gig of pics, I don't see any problems with posting everything and anything you want to regarding a turbo kit.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

If you have trouble resizing, I can do it for you. Just email them to me. I can make them 1024x768 and keep them down in file size. usually around 100kb - 150kb
                1999 Grand Prix SE 3100
                1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 Ext cab. 5.2L
                1977 Dodge Power Wagon, Short bed, Fuel injected 360, 4spd, Dana 60's, Little Red Express bed.

Comment

thotor is what I use. Its pretty easy but make sure you change the settings so it doesn't add thmb_ or manip_ prefixes.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I use photoshop, The resize for web feature does pretty good.
                    1999 Grand Prix SE 3100
                    1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 Ext cab. 5.2L
                    1977 Dodge Power Wagon, Short bed, Fuel injected 360, 4spd, Dana 60's, Little Red Express bed.

Comment

i use gimp,and i have image power toys for windows so i can select a whole folder and resize them all at once to whatever size i like,then i run them threw gimp to convert them to .gif,should get them down to 100kb or less
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X