Contest: Design a banner

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SappySE107
    replied
    If I could afford it, the store would be insanely redesigned with more eye candy and information. I give the current store a C+.

    Right now I just need a banner that looks better than the boring logo at the top. I don't advertise anywhere else anymore though I may do google ads again with some nice banners and product specific ads.

    Leave a comment:


  • Schmieder
    replied
    Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
    I sell DOHC parts and sort of deal with iron head stuff as well. black and silver are good WOT colors. Guess the 60V6 font is well liked:P
    On my way home I realized your site was based more in white then black.

    Give me a description of what you want if you have any ideas already. In the mean time I'll whip up another white based banner.

    Also, are you going to be redesigning more then just the banner? I'll grab the colors used on the current wot-tech page and work them in so all is blending in well.

    I designed a few webpages and went into some deep stuff. After the page was designed I would match hues, i.e. a red sweater and a red ink signature were matched. It really looked great and made the page feel 'solid'.

    I also had subliminals. You couldn't see the text but it was in there.

    In example....You do what you must. Buy now and save 5%.

    The words ....you must. Buy now..... were lightened slightly and sharpened some. It was barely noticeable and the sub-conscious attaches to the phrase You must buy now. And since it was a sub-conscious imprint, it was past the defending consciousness to filter information. Pretty much effects 5% of the population according to sales results.

    My best tricks are trade secrets I rambled on enough, lol

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    I sell DOHC parts and sort of deal with iron head stuff as well. black and silver are good WOT colors. Guess the 60V6 font is well liked:P

    Leave a comment:


  • Schmieder
    replied
    Here is a basic put together. If you would like to change the text, just let me know.

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    I like what Dave has but blue and white are 60V6 colors (and is the the 60V6 font?). I used to want a logo with a TB for the O in WOT but its too difficult to make it all work and look nice. At least I never was able to figure out the whole theme to pull it off.

    Id almost like what Robert has now if it wasn't so spazzy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Schmieder
    replied
    I can create neat stuff, give me 24 hours.

    Leave a comment:


  • Superdave
    replied
    Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
    Just needs some text about increasing your penis size and it'll be golden

    Leave a comment:


  • Superdave
    replied
    Originally posted by bszopi View Post
    Drop shadow is too big (far away) IMO. And the scrolling part is a little too fast. Pretty cool, though...

    lol, up to 86 frames now. I fixed the drop shadow, slowed down the scroll and doubled the frames for that section to try and smooth it out. I also gave it a white background instead of transparent.

    Last edited by Superdave; 04-06-2010, 06:28 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • geldartb
    replied
    holy epileptic seizure batman

    Leave a comment:


  • robertisaar
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • 3400-95-Modified
    replied
    Maybe someone with a bit more skill than I can finish this one up... I was thinking of replacing the C in Tech with a RPM gauge sweeping toward redline, but I just couldn't find an image to start with, and I'm not good at creating stuff in photoshop from scratch... I lost that skill since I never used it.

    I get good ideas with stuff like this, I'm just not good at executing it... LOL
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • bszopi
    replied
    Drop shadow is too big (far away) IMO. And the scrolling part is a little too fast. Pretty cool, though...

    Leave a comment:


  • Superdave
    replied
    Long animation.. but hows this?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • geldartb
    replied
    haha so is that for when he starts selling hop up parts for barbie's convertible.

    Leave a comment:


  • bszopi
    replied

    Leave a comment:

Working...