Car runs like crap

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bve32k
    3.4 DOHC FTW
    • Jun 2005
    • 475

    #1

    Car runs like crap

    Any idea's anyone?

    I still have no acceleration! The car is balls less period! I don't know what to do anymore!

    I replaced IGN Module, Coils, Plugs, Fuel Injectors, Fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel filter.

    It is not popping up any codes. Only code that comes up is AIR Injection System because I don't have it on my car and I did OBDII swap.

    But I was dealing with poor acceleration even before OBDII swap.
  • 1988GTU
    LB62LHObbqftmfw
    • Nov 2005
    • 2475

    #2
    Exhaust, the CAT is plugged.
    Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

    Comment

    • pocket-rocket
      Because stock sucks...
      • Oct 2003
      • 6252

      #3
      Put this on your car if you want balls ^^
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
      Originally posted by Jay Leno
      Tires are cheap clutches...

      Comment

      • 1988GTU
        LB62LHObbqftmfw
        • Nov 2005
        • 2475

        #4
        I think he'd be better off with these...
        Adjust your powerband

        DUAL o pipe!

        and a BAR OF BOOST!
        Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

        Comment

        • bve32k
          3.4 DOHC FTW
          • Jun 2005
          • 475

          #5
          What are the symptoms of a clogged Cat?

          Comment

          • 1988GTU
            LB62LHObbqftmfw
            • Nov 2005
            • 2475

            #6
            Hard start, rough idle, really hot engine/exhaust temps. There's a few more, I just have a brain fart right now.
            Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

            Comment

            • 94GPGTP
              95 Grand Prix GTP
              • Apr 2007
              • 593

              #7
              the egr will chatter too from the exhaust pressure..
              Robert
              ---------------------------------------------------
              96 Grand Prix SE 3100 202,000 miles
              New Rebuilt 3100
              New Rebuilt 4T60-E
              Exhaust
              Drilled/Slotted Rotors


              95 Grand Prix GTP 177,000 miles
              White
              3" Magnaflow Catback
              Lowered 2" Eibach in front Brichmount Rear
              94-96 Hi-Po 5 Stars on 245/50/16


              90 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix
              5 Speed Swapped
              127,000
              Spec Stage 3 Clutch
              230,000 mile Getrag 282
              Emissions Deleted
              Brand new Engine 1,000 Miles
              Fully Custom Built car

              Comment

              • pocket-rocket
                Because stock sucks...
                • Oct 2003
                • 6252

                #8
                Sluggish car with no power as well, like it's being choked and can't breath because, well, it is.
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                Originally posted by Jay Leno
                Tires are cheap clutches...

                Comment

                • bve32k
                  3.4 DOHC FTW
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 475

                  #9
                  Here is a WOT from a dead stop.

                  A private space for your group's photos and videos. Share, react, and relive moments together. Available on iOS, Android, and desktop. Free for new sign-ups.


                  I think I am going to take the air filter off today to see if it runs any better because the air filter is pretty dirty. I may have another one laying around somewhere. I am pretty broke right now so can't buy a new one.

                  Here is another video of first starting the car. Then at the end you can see the exhaust shaking. Kind of hard to see it in the video.

                  A private space for your group's photos and videos. Share, react, and relive moments together. Available on iOS, Android, and desktop. Free for new sign-ups.
                  Last edited by bve32k; 06-06-2008, 06:31 AM.

                  Comment

                  • d.o.h.c
                    • Jun 2004
                    • 981

                    #10
                    Humm might be the problem with my car. I have never cleaned it,lol. I will try.

                    M


                    WWW.OverKillEngineeringMotorsports.com

                    Comment

                    • 1988GTU
                      LB62LHObbqftmfw
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 2475

                      #11
                      Hows your timing? Might be retarded too much?
                      Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

                      Comment

                      • d.o.h.c
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 981

                        #12
                        seemed to fix my problem, yeahhh. Well see if I get a code in a couple days.


                        WWW.OverKillEngineeringMotorsports.com

                        Comment

                        • bve32k
                          3.4 DOHC FTW
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 475

                          #13
                          Originally posted by d.o.h.c View Post
                          seemed to fix my problem, yeahhh. Well see if I get a code in a couple days.
                          Mine still seems to be the same.

                          What is your IGN Adv Degree's at idle?

                          Comment

                          • d.o.h.c
                            • Jun 2004
                            • 981

                            #14
                            I have no idea, I had shane (redzmonte) tune it.


                            WWW.OverKillEngineeringMotorsports.com

                            Comment

                            • d.o.h.c
                              • Jun 2004
                              • 981

                              #15
                              Haha, I got a p0336. What crank sensor is that? I think that Gm forgot to connect it when they did the oil pan the other day. Please let me know so i can fix this tonight.

                              m


                              WWW.OverKillEngineeringMotorsports.com

                              Comment

                              Working...