Disassembly of my 3.4 DOHC

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sspeedstreet
    • Oct 2003
    • 282

    #1

    Disassembly of my 3.4 DOHC

    I need to drill and tap a hole on the front head of my '95 crate motor. The junkyard motor I bought had this threaded hole but the crate '95 does not. I'd planned to use it for more lateral support for my relocated Fiero dogbone mount.



    So here's my question: I know I have to take the cam belt off, but after that, which will be easier?

    1.Pull the cam carrier and head or
    2. Pull the accessory/water pump housing assembly to expose the front of the head?

    Thanks, Neil
  • SappySE107
    WOT-Tech
    • Oct 2003
    • 13525

    #2
    RE: Disassembly of my 3.4 DOHC

    i would think pulling the cam carrier and head will be easier.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

    Comment

    • sspeedstreet
      • Oct 2003
      • 282

      #3
      RE: Disassembly of my 3.4 DOHC

      Thanks, Ben. I didn't mention this, but the engine is on a stand. Ease of access is not an issue.

      Neil

      Comment

      • DreX
        • Nov 2003
        • 74

        #4
        RE: Disassembly of my 3.4 DOHC

        I have a fiero 2 and solved the engine movement by using 2 solid engine mounts(customs) + poly tranny mounts from WCF.

        Dre

        Comment

        Working...