7727 ECM instead of 9396?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • series8217
    • Dec 2004
    • 387

    #1

    7727 ECM instead of 9396?

    Can I run the 3.4 DOHC with a 7727 ECM and the DOHC prom? I have a manual transmission. I know the 9396 has extra SRAM, but does this make any difference at all when using a manual transmission?
  • SappySE107
    WOT-Tech
    • Oct 2003
    • 13525

    #2
    I wasn't able to do it with my cutlass when the computer crapped out, so unless you get lucky, even the manual needs the 9396 computer.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

    Comment

    • series8217
      • Dec 2004
      • 387

      #3
      Thanks. 9396 it is!
      Every 7727 and 9396 I've seen on a car has been remanufactured. Has every single one died or was GM putting reman parts on new cars? I've seriously never seen a new one but dozens of remans.

      Comment

      • SappySE107
        WOT-Tech
        • Oct 2003
        • 13525

        #4
        I killed my original by pulling the chip in and out over 200 times:P I see a lot of remans as well but im not sure what the reason is. I don't hear of the computers dying that often so who knows.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

        Comment

        Working...