DOHC headwork

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • goatman
    • Jun 2004
    • 151

    #16
    Thanks for all the input. Where would I be able to find the underdrive puuley? Also, If I were to remove the lines from the A/C, is anything going to spray out and kill me or anything like that? I never use it anyway, I just know that it works from when I test drove the car back in March. But I figured since I'm this far, why not get rid of more shit that i dont need?
    1993 Lumina Z34 - Broke Yet Again
    What the flip Uncle Rico!?!

    Comment

    • SappySE107
      WOT-Tech
      • Oct 2003
      • 13525

      #17
      www.fastfwdperformance.com sells the UD pulley. The AC has stuff in it that is very bad for you and the environment. Its best to have a place do it so they can contain it and dispose of it properly. If you don't care though, you can stick a screw driver in one of the ports and let it release that way. I did that on a car but it was low and the AC wasn't working. I don't advise that if it is working. Its not really going to do anything for you to remove it either unless you need room for headers or something like that. WHen the AC is off, its like an idler pulley anyway and doesn't take up any power. It also doesn't weigh that much so the weight savings is minimal...only worthwhile if you are trying to lose all the weight from the car you can and thats parts of the list.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

      Comment

      • goatman
        • Jun 2004
        • 151

        #18
        Ok, well, mayhaps I wont do that then. I knew that the Freeon or whatever it is they put in the AC is nasty shit, but if you've had experience and wouldn't recommend, then I wont get into it.
        1993 Lumina Z34 - Broke Yet Again
        What the flip Uncle Rico!?!

        Comment

        • TheProfessor
          • Oct 2003
          • 869

          #19
          dude on the 78 olds delta that i used to have
          a guy i know just took a knife and cut one of the hoses to release the pressure when we removed the ac on it
          im glad i wasnt standing close by when his dumbass did that
          I Like V660s
          Does Chevy make beer
          ~Jayme~

          Comment

          • goatman
            • Jun 2004
            • 151

            #20
            Nice Even I know enough not to do that, I was just wondering if there was a way to remove the components without getting blasted. I've seen on a lot of my buddy's vehicles AC components with bolts stuck into the ports to block them off, so I just assumed there was an easy way to do it. But, then, we all know what happens when you assume.
            1993 Lumina Z34 - Broke Yet Again
            What the flip Uncle Rico!?!

            Comment

            • blk92z34getrag
              • Oct 2003
              • 515

              #21
              ass u me.
              --Rob
              Currently attending Wyotech, Fremont, CA. Start Date: 1.24.05. Grad. Date: 4.21.06
              1992 Chevy Lumina Z34 5 Speed FOR SALE $1400 AS IS RUNS WELL

              Comment

              • Gemmer
                • Oct 2003
                • 240

                #22
                I ran his lifters in my car when I first got them and they did sound different. They didnt tick at all and sounded pretty sweet. I think they just don't like being in a lumina:P His engine is in great shape though. Its the only stock chip that I have seen be dead on for the fuel tables.
                One of my idler pullies went wobbly and it made a lifter esque tick. did you put the cover back on before he started the car?

                Comment

                • SappySE107
                  WOT-Tech
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 13525

                  #23
                  well the different oil changed it a bit, so thats not it. Im pretty sure he needs a timing belt change on that car though:P Yes, the cover was back on before it was started.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

                  Comment

                  Working...