arron, my auto car shifts past 7 lol
3.4L DOHC performance rebuild
Collapse
X
-
-
ya sappy my tach is wrong it reads about 300 rpm fast but only above 5500-6000. at idle its perfect. anyways the tech 2 says the car shifts from 7000-7100 normally, sometimes it winds further and hits the rev limiter on your chip which is 7150. i will do a snapshot with my tech 2 on my car and then record that onto a camera and put it up here. < if i can figure out how to get it up here lol
Comment
-
I might as well chime in here to let all you guys know that you're not alone (well, obviously you're not ALONE, but...well...you know what I mean!) I've owned 5 different A-bodies in the last few years (Celebrity Sedean, 3 Celebrity wagons, and a Cutlass Ciera) and ALL of them do that stupid stalling out thing when braking hard enough for the gas gauge to drop to zilch, or when taking a hard right corner, and again, the gas gauge will drop to nothing. If I'm low on gas, and low being below a HALF in some of the cars, it'll happen even with less than aggresive driving. Real annoying. Strangely enough, I can go as hard and fast as I want around a LEFT corner, with no problem.Originally posted by AaronMy tank only does that around corners, and it embarrasses the SHIAT outta me. I hate it. So I have to try and keep it above 1/4 tank.Originally posted by RidgeRunnerMy tank won't pick up much below 1/4 tank under acceleration in any direction at all. It gets herky-jerky like it's running out of gas.
I recently had to replace the tank in one of the Celebrity wagons, so I bought a NEW tank, and hoped that they had addressed this issue with a different baffle setup. They did indeed have a different baffle setup, which was WORSE if not just the same.SCREECH
1976 Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham, 468ci BBC
1990 Chev Celebrity Eurosport Wagon - undergoing 3.4/5-speed conversion
1987 Chev Celebrity Eurosport Wagon - beater

Comment
-
I live in the Feetwood Blandon area and i was wondering if you guys were talking about Schomans garrage and the specific person that does the rebuilds would be Ed?91\' Mazda miata.
92\' Lumina (sold)
Comment
-
That's a good reason to stop using the turn signalsOriginally posted by AaronAlso characteristic of a getrag, the signals kill it. That is so weird! I no longer use them because they make it die.
People that don't use their signals is a huge pet peave of mine. BTW, not using the turn signals in the 91 is what caused the accident that got me the 92. Why? Because of someone that didn't pay enough attention to the road AND me not using my signal due to the switch being bad. Signals are there for a reason, why do you think you can get a ticket for lane changeds when you don't use them? And now that we have half of the people driving down the road with a cell phone attached to their head, there is an epidemic of people not paying as much attention as they should be to the road. Who cares if your signals make your tach jump up and down if it keeps a Saturn from running under the back of your car.
-60v6's 2nd Jon M.
91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
Originally posted by Jay LenoTires are cheap clutches...
Comment
-
if you want your tach to stop jumping up and down when you have your signals on... get led lights for all of your outside lights... the use way less electric and your problem is solved because there is no more fluctuation. i have them on my car and it makes the car look awsome especcially because there are 10 lights in the back... well anyway i did it and it rocks.91\' Mazda miata.
92\' Lumina (sold)
Comment
-
pocket rocket, I use signals every time I change lanes, becuz the engine is running, in gear, and at 1000+rpm. Therefore there will be a draw off the alt, but not noticalbe. It is when I am stopped at a light that I won;t use signals. ANd I do if it is essential, IE a two lane road where I am stopped going N, and another car is stopped going S at a light, then I will signal to let them go, but I will hold the gas to 1200rpm as it is bad for a motor to go below your set idle.
Comment
-
Don't you have one of Michael/Ben's chips? If so, just have Michael raise your idle a little to save you the trouble of having to regulate your idle at stops.-60v6's 2nd Jon M.
91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
Originally posted by Jay LenoTires are cheap clutches...
Comment
-
-
I have seen them at Advance and Autozone.-60v6's 2nd Jon M.
91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
Originally posted by Jay LenoTires are cheap clutches...
Comment
-
Hmm, do they have website ordering? I'm kinda in canada. Or, do you know a good brand to order?
Lyle
Comment

Comment