i went on to advanceautoparts.com and they have cane and comp cams for our car. has anybody used them or are they junk
dohc cams by comp camps
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
RE: dohc cams by comp camps
What did you have them look up? I bet they looked up the 3.4L iron head pushrod engine, not the DOHC.-Brad-
89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog
-
RE: dohc cams by comp camps
here is the link
Comment
-
RE: dohc cams by comp camps
Your link really doesn't work, but I did look up a Lumina Z34. It lists all the cams for the 60V6 engine, of which none are for the DOHC. You can tell by a couple of means... First, almost all of them have lifts >0.4", and if I'm not mistaken, the DOHC's max lift is ~0.38"? Second, wouldn't you think if they were for the DOHC, they would list intake and exhaust cams?
Go to the Crane or Comp website and look up the PNs given and see what engine they spec it for... It may say 3.4, but it doesn't say DOHC.-Brad-
89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog
Comment
-
RE: dohc cams by comp camps
Yeah, crane and comp don't do OHC cams. Ive asked, they don't care about our engines. They can't even do a regrind.Ben
60DegreeV6.com
WOT-Tech.com
Comment
-
RE: dohc cams by comp camps
Those bastards...
Comment
-
The last time I talked to them they said they currenty didn't have the right equipment.
I haven't contacted beckracing about cams as of yet, they might have insight.
The site in topic of this thread doesn't even car about the 3.5L DOHC 24L shortstar that olds used.
Here is evidence:
Their database is stupid but anyway I looked up for a 96 Monte 3.4L DOHC and it had nothing.I am back
Mechanical/Service Technican
Comment


Comment