Sad day...
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
yeah, it's interesting to know that the 60V6 engines(other than the GMC truck version) could have started production in 1964 as full aluminum units, with the first being a 3.5.....
but of course, buick cuts two cylinders off of a full aluminum V8, makes it iron and creates a known catastrophy and that makes it to production due to cost.
Leave a comment:
-
i bring a tale of what could have been:
The origins and development of the original 1966-1970 Oldsmobile Toronado, the first postwar American car with front-wheel drive.
and what actually happened:
The history of the 1961-1963 Buick Special, the aluminum Buick-Rover V8, and GM's long-lived 3800 V6.
:/
Leave a comment:
-
There was such high praise of the '7727/'7730 here that I assumed that's what everyone used. It was the Opel EFI conversion that got me turned on to MegaSquirt, specifically it's ability to use a Pertronix Ignitor as a VR input to control timing on an otherwise mechanical system.
Leave a comment:
-
I built a MS2 and am running it on a turbo 3.4, now if the snow would ever stop I could drive it once in awhile!!
Leave a comment:
-
I've built an MS2 and run/tuned it on one of my 4cylinder cars. Haven't had a need to run one on a 60º yet, though.
Leave a comment:
-
It doesn't look as hard as I assumed it would be. All I've done is build a JimStim and MS2 board so far, haven't actually installed it on a car yet. Doing an EFI conversion on the Opel. But I want to put one on my Trooper too. I could probably tune the Troopers factory ECU better now that I have a wideband.
Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
Leave a comment:
-
Could maybe spark a thread up here on the MS topic? I have a feeling there are some closet MS users lurking on this board.
Leave a comment:
-
I have been guilty of asking questions on Facebook. I just got into MegaSquirt and joined a FB group, but I really should join and post to the msextra forum.
I haven't been working on the ol' 60-degrees much lately. Been wrenching on the 1.9L in my little Opel Wagon.
Leave a comment:
-
where can i buy a set of those!?!!!? LOLOriginally posted by bszopi View Postfwd wheelie bars
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: