replace 95 3.4 with 92 3.4

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bsa1126
    • May 2004
    • 1

    #1

    replace 95 3.4 with 92 3.4

    Have a problem , my son threw a rod in his 95 gtp ,I had a spare 3.4 to go in my fiero ... does any one out there know if this is possible? my mechanic says there is a possibility of electrical or sensor problems...thanks for any input
  • SappySE107
    WOT-Tech
    • Oct 2003
    • 13525

    #2
    THe 95 is SFI, so you would need to swap the front cam carrier and use at least the old intake cam. There is also a sensor on the timing chain cover but im not too familar with that one. Otherwise, its not too bad. Just keep the MAF setup that is in the car.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

    Comment

    • patgizz
      The Plaid Bandit
      • Oct 2003
      • 1071

      #3
      you'll need to swap timing cover as well to get the SFI crank sensor. and the balancer as it has a reluctor ring inside for the sensor to read crank position

      Comment

      • jlduster
        • Apr 2004
        • 14

        #4
        92 into 95

        I just completed the reverse swap. 95 into 92. The timing cover was different at the alt. I had to use the alt. from a 95 as it mounts differently. Also the duct was different. The 95 has an extra cam/crank sensor. Use the map setup from the 95. The pcv is different. The 95 does not use an external oil cooler line and the bypass housing at the radiator hose is different. Hope this helps.

        Comment

        • OldSkoolGP
          That guy over there
          • Oct 2003
          • 930

          #5
          anything else? im looking to do a 96 MC 3.4 into a 91 GP 3.4
          I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

          Comment

          Working...