Alternator swap

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gcarson114
    • Nov 2005
    • 9

    #1

    Alternator swap

    I have put a 95 Z34 motor in my 93 Grand Prix. Since I didn't change the front timing belt mounting I have to use the 95 alternator. So far I have blown two alternators. Any ideas on a fix. They both have two wires in their respective plugs. George
  • Guest

    #2
    RE: Alternator swap

    What's blowing on them?

    It may not be a mounting issue, cause well, if you can get the belt to run it, it's not a mounting problem.

    Comment

    • SappySE107
      WOT-Tech
      • Oct 2003
      • 13525

      #3
      RE: Alternator swap

      I think there is some sort of adapter to use that plugs into the alternator between the stock wiring and the plug in. I honestly don't know if it is what is needed but its CS130 to CS130D? I know there is an adapter for something when using a different alternator but since I didn't have a use for it I didn't remember much on it.

      http://www.naparts.com/ProductModelD...ctModelId=9466

      thats what I found. Dunno if it would be of any use to you.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

      Comment

      Working...