5 speed speedo 15% off?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Calvin
    3.77 1st gear sucks...
    • Feb 2006
    • 61

    #1

    5 speed speedo 15% off?

    On the highway yesterday I couldn't help but notice that my speedometer now seems to be about 15% off after swapping transmissions.

    I put an 88 W 5 speed in place of an 89 W 5 speed, did the speedo gear part number change or something? I left the VSS from the 88 trans in, and never swapped anything? Driving with the pace of traffic is still the same RPM (2800-3000) so the gearing is the same. I am confused...
  • SappySE107
    WOT-Tech
    • Oct 2003
    • 13525

    #2
    The RPM isn't going to change as thats based off the engine. The speedo is based off the transmission, which has a different VSS setup. You need to either swap the part out of the old trans or reprogram the computer for the new VSS setup.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

    Comment

    • sharkey
      • Jun 2004
      • 2061

      #3
      just grab the speedo off the old trans and throw it in.

      Comment

      Working...