Dumb Question please answer fast

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • john_V63400
    Banned
    • Feb 2006
    • 409

    #1

    Dumb Question please answer fast

    V6 3400...... Timing belt or timing Chain
    Which does it have..
    I think I might of snapped it.
    Any thaughts
  • john_V63400
    Banned
    • Feb 2006
    • 409

    #2
    Chain sorry to use a thread fora dumb question,
    Delete it if you want

    Comment

    • SappySE107
      WOT-Tech
      • Oct 2003
      • 13525

      #3
      if you break a chain, it won't run at all. If it skipped a tooth or more, you could bend valves. I don't believe you could use the timing cover spacer because your SC mount would be in the wrong place.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

      Comment

      • john_V63400
        Banned
        • Feb 2006
        • 409

        #4
        Im pretty sure I skipped a tooth or broke the chain.
        It will try and run with pedal floored and me cranking the engine does that count running.

        Comment

        Working...