3.1 v6 60... parts selection

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bszopi
    replied
    Where is the pic of Marc's ITB setup when I need it...

    Not the best, but good enough I guess.

    Last edited by bszopi; 01-14-2009, 06:11 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 20-inch-bike
    replied
    talk about a pain to tune... sync 6 carbs...haha

    Leave a comment:


  • ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
    I think its a moded equinox upper but I don't know.

    A lot of sandrail and MGB swap and other swaps have more demand for carb than most here would even care to imagine. A carb for gen 3 heads would be a major improvement, both in power and efficiency (propery designed). 390 or 450 cfm carb and a distributor.
    I still think 6 carbs, one on top of each runner, would be sweet.

    Leave a comment:


  • 20-inch-bike
    replied
    the fiero engine has iron heads... and the runners are diff... and ya i know i really want 3.5 heads on this

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    I think its a moded equinox upper but I don't know.

    A lot of sandrail and MGB swap and other swaps have more demand for carb than most here would even care to imagine. A carb for gen 3 heads would be a major improvement, both in power and efficiency (propery designed). 390 or 450 cfm carb and a distributor.

    Leave a comment:


  • bszopi
    replied
    The green one appears to be a Fiero plenum that has been cut, welded shut and a flange welded to the top. If you have the means to weld aluminum, I don't think that would be too hard to fabricate up.

    Edit: Hmm... maybe not.

    Last edited by bszopi; 01-14-2009, 04:07 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 20-inch-bike
    replied
    dave where did you get those pics from?

    Leave a comment:


  • 20-inch-bike
    replied
    the green one is the ticket.... and hey im here trying to buy one.. and edelbrook does need to but there do not have enough demand for them to make money buy the time they make make the casting

    Leave a comment:


  • BillS
    replied
    Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
    Edelbrock needs to make a carb manifold for the 3400 heads or 3500 heads.
    Can't imagine they'd have sufficient demand. Going carb is such a backward step, I doubt many people would want them.

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    I wanna know how well those work though. The first has some nice bends and the second has no runner at all it looks like. Edelbrock needs to make a carb manifold for the 3400 heads or 3500 heads.

    Leave a comment:


  • Superdave
    replied
    Here are pics of some carb setups.. Not sure what the green one fits. The other one is for gen 2 aluminium heads.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by bszopi View Post
    You can put a turbo on a stock 3x00 (9.x:1 CR) and get up to 8-10psi without any issues, if you use the aluminum top end. No reason to drop the CR just to add boost.


    I agree. Loner's Corsica has 9.1:1 and screams with 12psi

    Leave a comment:


  • bszopi
    replied
    Did a quick search on the site, as I know we've had sand rail people on here before... Here is a nice example of a 3.4 iron head with a turbo : http://60degreev6.com/forum/f96/3-4-...ing-for-t37450

    Leave a comment:


  • bszopi
    replied
    You can put a turbo on a stock 3x00 (9.x:1 CR) and get up to 8-10psi without any issues, if you use the aluminum top end. No reason to drop the CR just to add boost.

    Leave a comment:


  • 20-inch-bike
    replied
    i agree its nice but i limits me to much on my options... tire size plus weight and so forth.. ive seen the conversion done before... my rail has 16 inches of travel.. with the parts i have it'll run.. and run good but im looking to make it run to best i can and really pump some power through this motor its light weight compared to most with alot of options.. if i build it as low compression as i can i could just slap a turbo and go...

    Leave a comment:

Working...