Who wants flat tappet cams?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ForcedFirebird
    Live life 3.7mi at a time
    • Jan 2007
    • 4555

    #16
    OK. I can base it off a 60-1

    I have ALL of Comp's lobes, flat, roller, solid flat, solid roller, and even their "secret" racing lobes (use at own risk lol).

    Once all your specs are in the sim, I can get the best results staying withing your max lift (which is?)
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

    Comment

    • SappySE107
      WOT-Tech
      • Oct 2003
      • 13525

      #17
      you can only get grinds that match our journal size.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

      Comment

      • ForcedFirebird
        Live life 3.7mi at a time
        • Jan 2007
        • 4555

        #18
        Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
        you can only get grinds that match our journal size.
        Right. SBC journals.
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

        Comment

        • 34blazer
          • Sep 2007
          • 341

          #19
          Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          OK. I can base it off a 60-1

          I have ALL of Comp's lobes, flat, roller, solid flat, solid roller, and even their "secret" racing lobes (use at own risk lol).

          Once all your specs are in the sim, I can get the best results staying withing your max lift (which is?)
          my max would be .510 with a 1.6 rocker. i might be able to go more, when checked my clearances the valve didnt even touch the clay. and that was with .512 lift
          '86 Grand National

          Comment

          • 34blazer
            • Sep 2007
            • 341

            #20
            payment sent BTW
            '86 Grand National

            Comment

            • ForcedFirebird
              Live life 3.7mi at a time
              • Jan 2007
              • 4555

              #21
              Originally posted by 34blazer View Post
              payment sent BTW


              Cool.
              ot a kitchen to put in tomorrow, but between tonight and tomorrow, I should have some results for ya

              Oh yeah, intended RPM range helps

              What kind of gears/trans you running?
              Links:
              WOT-Tech.com
              FaceBook
              Instagram

              Comment

              • 34blazer
                • Sep 2007
                • 341

                #22
                Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                Cool.
                ot a kitchen to put in tomorrow, but between tonight and tomorrow, I should have some results for ya

                Oh yeah, intended RPM range helps

                What kind of gears/trans you running?
                oh yeah, right 6000-6500K is my range. im happy with the 3.42 gears i have now, and the tranny is still up in the air. its between a Astro performance 5-speed and a well built 7004R. no rush man, ill be in town until monday. i have to go to south america with my unit the whole month of july so its no big deal
                '86 Grand National

                Comment

                • Lilchief
                  • May 2007
                  • 87

                  #23
                  John:
                  What were the specs on the last chart you posted?

                  Comment

                  • ForcedFirebird
                    Live life 3.7mi at a time
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 4555

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Lilchief View Post
                    John:
                    What were the specs on the last chart you posted?
                    You will get a cam card in your box


































                    J/K

                    int/exh - lift, adv dur, dur @ .050", ICL, LSA...

                    .494/.514, 269/294.2, 213.3/246.1, 108*, 110.5

                    61.4* overlap
                    Links:
                    WOT-Tech.com
                    FaceBook
                    Instagram

                    Comment

                    • ForcedFirebird
                      Live life 3.7mi at a time
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 4555

                      #25
                      34Blazer, don't know if I would trust this SIM for real life #'s, but if they are close, then I hope you strengthened your block o.0...









                      lilchief, here's the cam for your iron head Fiero...

                      Links:
                      WOT-Tech.com
                      FaceBook
                      Instagram

                      Comment

                      • ForcedFirebird
                        Live life 3.7mi at a time
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 4555

                        #26
                        Oh yeah. Ordered a cam for fleenor on July 3rd, got here last night (aprox. 18 days from order to delivery).
                        Links:
                        WOT-Tech.com
                        FaceBook
                        Instagram

                        Comment

                        • fleenor
                          • Aug 2008
                          • 22

                          #27
                          Sweet, I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks again. Are you gonna do a thread on my wiring harness?

                          Comment

                          • ForcedFirebird
                            Live life 3.7mi at a time
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 4555

                            #28
                            Originally posted by fleenor View Post
                            Sweet, I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks again. Are you gonna do a thread on my wiring harness?
                            Yep, still working on it
                            Links:
                            WOT-Tech.com
                            FaceBook
                            Instagram

                            Comment

                            • ForcedFirebird
                              Live life 3.7mi at a time
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 4555

                              #29
                              Hopefully you guys will post videos as well, but here's a member from another board that has my ported heads (someone else's manis) and one of my cams.

                              He wanted lope, he got it - still not running right until he receives my obd1.5-obd1 swap kit, takes the engine several minutes to "learn" idle lol...



                              Links:
                              WOT-Tech.com
                              FaceBook
                              Instagram

                              Comment

                              • torq455
                                If I only had money!!!
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 1615

                                #30
                                what are his cam specs? i love the slow lope. the 272 is pretty good.
                                Andy

                                sigpic

                                fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
                                fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

                                62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

                                Comment

                                Working...