3100 Cam Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bluebomber
    • May 2004
    • 23

    #1

    3100 Cam Question

    I just need a quick answer before the shop grinds my cam. 1994 3100 has a hydraulic roller camshaft and only the pre 94 3.1s had flat-tappet correct? Thanks in advance!
    1994 Grand Prix SE 4dr - Brilliant Blue Metallic
    Magnaflow Hi-Flow (And Bashed) Cat
    2.5\" Split Dual Exhaust
    Two Flowmaster 40 \"American Thunder\" Mufflers
    7\" Cone Cold Air Intake
    FFP Poly Motor Mounts
    16.320 @ 83 MPH w/ 2.296 60\'
  • Guest

    #2
    YES

    Comment

    • bszopi
      Site Coder
      • Apr 2000
      • 9190

      #3
      Well... there still were some flat-tappet 3.1Ls in 94. But, ONLY the 3.1MPFIs, not the 3100SFIs. If its a hollow core cam, then its a hyraulic roller...
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

      Comment

      • bluebomber
        • May 2004
        • 23

        #4
        Thanks for the quick response. Any things I should be ready or aware of before we begin the cam swap?

        For example, what should I expect to have to take off? What are some common bumps in the road? What extra parts should I have on hand?
        1994 Grand Prix SE 4dr - Brilliant Blue Metallic
        Magnaflow Hi-Flow (And Bashed) Cat
        2.5\" Split Dual Exhaust
        Two Flowmaster 40 \"American Thunder\" Mufflers
        7\" Cone Cold Air Intake
        FFP Poly Motor Mounts
        16.320 @ 83 MPH w/ 2.296 60\'

        Comment

        Working...