rocker arms

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • stykthyn
    • Jan 2005
    • 5

    #1

    rocker arms

    I am building a 3.4 for my suv, what are good rocker arms to use? I really dont want to keep stock.
  • XLR8ING
    Too Stupid To Quit!
    • Oct 2003
    • 268

    #2
    RE: rocker arms

    Which 3.4 are you using? RWD iron head or FWD aluminum? I believe the Crane gold race rockers will bolt on either one, or you can do like I did and use SBC roller rockers, but you have to get the ARP rocker studs with the 10mm bottom thread and 3/8" top thread. Also, the SBC rockers may need to be checked for clearances with the intake manifold, and valve covers.
    Franz

    1990 Z24-NA 3.1L
    14.72 @ 92.24 MPH
    14.89 @ 94.92 MPH

    The boost is coming....

    Comment

    • StudlyCamaro
      • Nov 2003
      • 692

      #3
      RE: rocker arms



      ^ quite a few rocker arms for the iron heads
      3.4L camaro some goodies

      Comment

      • geoffinbc
        Iron Head Enthusiast
        • Oct 2003
        • 5831

        #4
        The Cranes are the top of the line. I use them and love them. They are pricey though.
        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
        Because... I am, CANADIAN

        Comment

        • gpse3400
          • Oct 2003
          • 1460

          #5
          if you want a bigger ratio for cheap you can even go with '93-'95 3100 rockers. they are 1.6 ratio.
          Lorenzo
          '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
          '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

          Comment

          • geoffinbc
            Iron Head Enthusiast
            • Oct 2003
            • 5831

            #6
            Um 93-95 rockers on 3100's are 1.5 ratio are they not?
            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
            Because... I am, CANADIAN

            Comment

            • v6h.o.
              • Oct 2003
              • 1418

              #7
              Originally posted by betterthanyou
              Um 93-95 rockers on 3100's are 1.5 ratio are they not?
              Yes they are.
              Colin
              92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
              90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

              Comment

              • bszopi
                Site Coder
                • Apr 2000
                • 9190

                #8
                No, they are 1.6 ratio. I got that info direct from GM Powertrain. I always thought that they were 1.5 as well, but my guy at GM confirmed that they are in fact 1.6.
                -Brad-
                89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

                Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

                Comment

                • slick94prix
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 201

                  #9
                  If thats the case, I have some sitting here at my place, for dirt cheap.
                  1992 Miata B Package
                  1995 Regal 3100
                  1996 Firebird LT1 T56

                  Comment

                  • no1kicker
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 39

                    #10
                    Slick, sent you a PM about the rockers.


                    1990 Grand Prix STE Turbo

                    Comment

                    • slick94prix
                      • Jan 2005
                      • 201

                      #11
                      Originally posted by no1kicker
                      Slick, sent you a PM about the rockers.
                      Got it.
                      1992 Miata B Package
                      1995 Regal 3100
                      1996 Firebird LT1 T56

                      Comment

                      • v6h.o.
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 1418

                        #12
                        Originally posted by bszopi
                        No, they are 1.6 ratio. I got that info direct from GM Powertrain. I always thought that they were 1.5 as well, but my guy at GM confirmed that they are in fact 1.6.
                        Really? Hmm.. interesting.
                        Colin
                        92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
                        90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

                        Comment

                        • gpse3400
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 1460

                          #13
                          yeah the are 1.6. My '93 3100 manual says plus you can compare the pushrod seats with th eolder ones. definalty 1.6.
                          Lorenzo
                          '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
                          '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

                          Comment

                          • Scott_68B
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 147

                            #14
                            Sorry if this has been addressed before but would it be possible to use the 93-95 3100 1.6 rockers in a GEN II motor? If so, would new pushrods be needed as well?

                            Thanks!

                            -- Scott

                            Comment

                            • gpse3400
                              • Oct 2003
                              • 1460

                              #15
                              Yup just plop them in.I gurentee you'll feel somthing from it. Also if you cant swing getting a chip, Get fuel injectors from a 3300 V6. I gurentee those two togther will make the engine happier.
                              Lorenzo
                              '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
                              '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

                              Comment

                              Working...