My valves are so sad they got the blues.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SappySE107
    WOT-Tech
    • Oct 2003
    • 13525

    #1

    My valves are so sad they got the blues.

    Never seen valves turn blue before. Bronze liners failed to be durable and were allowing excessive valve movement. Not seating the best and all that.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20260917_201121.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	428051
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com
  • bszopi
    Site Coder
    • Apr 2000
    • 9190

    #2
    Huh, that's interesting. Can't say I've seen that before!
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

    Comment

    • SappySE107
      WOT-Tech
      • Oct 2003
      • 13525

      #3
      Me either. I thought it was possibly the oxide coating but I can tell the valves weren't spinning so a few valves are only blue where the fuel wasn't hitting them. I don't think the valves were seating very well though they were sealing. Not good enough to transfer heat from the valve to the head. The guides wore so bad one valve cut the seal off the seat/seal combo. Super bad.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

      Comment

      Working...