Discussion: GM Recommended Crankshaft mods

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bszopi
    Site Coder
    • Apr 2000
    • 9190

    #16
    From what I read on a couple Olds and Buick sites, they say the lead time is 10 weeks, but some have waited 21 weeks to 10 months for a crank.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

    Comment

    • ProjectMM
      • Mar 2004
      • 170

      #17
      I belive the 3.3L turned into the 3.8L which isnt a 60 degree v6. I bretty sure it was a 90 degree just like the current 3.8. The bottom ends are differend and can hold more power?
      2002 Pontiac GrandAm GT1
      3400 v6
      TOG headers
      RSM 62MM T-body
      FFP underdrive pulley
      GRANATELLI MAF
      Ported upper intake
      MSD DIS 4 ignition box
      MSD Wires and coils (pending)
      Venom high flow fuel pump (pending)

      Comment

      • eliteweapons
        • Apr 2005
        • 185

        #18
        I found a company that makes billet cranks and has some raw ones on the shelf for the 60 deg v6. He ground mine to the stroke I wanted and shipped it out and I had it in less than 2 weeks. His name is Doug at crankshaft specialist. 901-452-6663 they are located in memphis tenn.
        95 Beretta Z-26
        Don't need nitrous to go fast.
        Global peace through deadly force!

        Comment

        • bszopi
          Site Coder
          • Apr 2000
          • 9190

          #19
          Just because it says a 3.3L doesn't mean its the production 3.3L. If you look at the crank info, its a stroker crank, therefore upping the displacement of a 2.8L or 3.1L engine.
          -Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

          Comment

          • SappySE107
            WOT-Tech
            • Oct 2003
            • 13525

            #20
            How much was that crank? Not that I have any sort of cash for it but it would be nice to know.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

            Comment

            • eliteweapons
              • Apr 2005
              • 185

              #21
              It was almost $1800 without balancing.
              95 Beretta Z-26
              Don't need nitrous to go fast.
              Global peace through deadly force!

              Comment

              Working...