Cam specs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SappySE107
    WOT-Tech
    • Oct 2003
    • 13525

    #16
    Ah ha! I too want to know the ramp rate for dynomation I want to test out a stock 3100 cam first. I found a place that will run it on a cam pro plus for 25 bucks. This will give you a file that has the position for every degree. The hardware is good for a tenth of a degree and a micron of lift resolution.

    Get the premium .com domain you deserve. Seamless and professional transactions. Payment plans available.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

    Comment

    • torq455
      If I only had money!!!
      • Dec 2003
      • 1615

      #17
      Yeah, its 115*
      Here is the card



      I wish I had the Seat to Seat timing to so I could put it in Dyno 2003 for the cam ramp rate[/quote]
      Great! That gives me an idea of things, thanks! I'm not too worried about below 2500. I have an auto and I never start a run below 2500 RPM.
      Andy

      sigpic

      fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
      fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

      62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

      Comment

      • torq455
        If I only had money!!!
        • Dec 2003
        • 1615

        #18
        Originally posted by sappyse107
        Ah ha! I too want to know the ramp rate for dynomation I want to test out a stock 3100 cam first. I found a place that will run it on a cam pro plus for 25 bucks. This will give you a file that has the position for every degree. The hardware is good for a tenth of a degree and a micron of lift resolution.

        http://www.thunderracing.com/shopservices/
        Sweet Ben! I'd like to know what a custom cam shop would change to have the same specs as the 272 but as a roller.
        Andy

        sigpic

        fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
        fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

        62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

        Comment

        • z284pwr
          • Oct 2003
          • 88

          #19
          Originally posted by sappyse107
          Ah ha! I too want to know the ramp rate for dynomation I want to test out a stock 3100 cam first. I found a place that will run it on a cam pro plus for 25 bucks. This will give you a file that has the position for every degree. The hardware is good for a tenth of a degree and a micron of lift resolution.

          http://www.thunderracing.com/shopservices/
          I'm going to go and assume that it can't be much more than O.E.M. I thru my cousin's cam from his 383 in Dyno 2003 which I did have the seat-to-seat numbers for and discovered the ramp values aren't very much higher than "OEM" it cam out to a 2.39 ramp rate, with stock being 2. I was rather surpised considering how big of a cam it really is, but it is hydraulic, so you roller guys probably have an advantage, have the ability for huge ramp rates

          HMM, just for the hell of it, I should see if I can convince the engine builder friend to give me the cam specs on his circle track racing 410 motor, that cam is a KILLER roller cam with huge ramp rates haha
          Brian Edwards
          '73 Trans-Am
          '79 Suburban
          '90 Beretta INDY
          '90 Turbo Grand Prix
          '04 TSX
          '04 TL

          Comment

          • torq455
            If I only had money!!!
            • Dec 2003
            • 1615

            #20
            Now that would be interesting! Go to it!!
            Andy

            sigpic

            fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
            fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

            62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

            Comment

            • eliteweapons
              • Apr 2005
              • 185

              #21
              I am using dyno sim professional version and when playing with the ramp rates for my 3100 I noticed that the higher the ramp rate the better the bottom end performance was but the higher rpm performance starts dropping off. Don't know if ya'll tried that yet or not.
              95 Beretta Z-26
              Don't need nitrous to go fast.
              Global peace through deadly force!

              Comment

              Working...