Ported heads on ebay....360 hp secret

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SappySE107
    WOT-Tech
    • Oct 2003
    • 13525

    #1

    Ported heads on ebay....360 hp secret

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1

    So I asked what all was done besides the heads to get 360 hp NA out of a 60V6. I also asked for the flow numbers. Here is the response

    "We do not have the exact flow numbers; the head porting shop flowed them during the porting operation to ensure consistancy among all the ports. All we did to get 360 hp was use a similar set of heads with flat-top pistons, and a 306-degree duration cam (intake). I believe the displacement of the motor was around 3.6L, if I remember correctly."

    So there you go, 306 degree duration on the intake and make it a 3.6 liter.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com
  • gboogie99
    they still can't catch me
    • Nov 2005
    • 348

    #2
    hell yeah

    Comment

    • OldSkoolGP
      That guy over there
      • Oct 2003
      • 930

      #3
      Can you even see anything they did as far as port reshaping?
      I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

      Comment

      • SappySE107
        WOT-Tech
        • Oct 2003
        • 13525

        #4
        I can tell you this much, no way in hell. I can see enough in those pics to tell you that they aren't any super high flow heads. Certainly not close to the level 2 heads im working on now. No flow sheets so no proof that they were flowed or flow matched either. Might be worth 800 though with the hardware.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

        Comment

        • bu01
          • Apr 2004
          • 91

          #5
          will our valve cover even fit right?

          Comment

          • robby1870
            Squaddoosh
            • Oct 2003
            • 584

            #6
            Flat top pistons, eh? What's the CR now? 20:1?
            Robby Whitesell
            2006 Pontiac G6 GT
            1985 Toyota Pickup DLX

            Comment

            • tejohnson
              • Sep 2004
              • 359

              #7
              The combustion bowls have not been touched, yet the heads have been surfaced... The port work looks a little shoddy imho...
              Regards,

              Todd E. Johnson

              Comment

              • geoffinbc
                Iron Head Enthusiast
                • Oct 2003
                • 5831

                #8
                They are worth the price (if the heads are new) just with the crane rockers, springs and valves all being installed. If the guy really invested $2000 hes nuts! But for $800 its worth it.
                1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                Because... I am, CANADIAN

                Comment

                • StudlyCamaro
                  • Nov 2003
                  • 692

                  #9
                  i wanna know how they made the motor into 3.6L :P
                  3.4L camaro some goodies

                  Comment

                  • Kreb
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 62

                    #10
                    Anybody have experience with these guys?

                    Super Six Motorsports - Dyno-Proven and Drag-Strip tested performance packages for Ford 3.8 liter and GM 3800 V6 engines


                    They're advertising work ups of our heads as well
                    My car and stuff:

                    http://www.smm.com/gallery/view_albu...Name=number-24

                    Comment

                    • SappySE107
                      WOT-Tech
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 13525

                      #11
                      I dont see anything for our heads on their site. Im working on my level 2 heads right now. Level 1 are on the store right now. Trust me, im doing my best to be the best
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

                      Comment

                      • bszopi
                        Site Coder
                        • Apr 2000
                        • 9190

                        #12
                        It looks like they do 3.4 iron heads, although their prices seem high (well... maybe not if you compare them to MMS): $950 and $1350 for level 2 and 3.
                        -Brad-
                        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

                        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

                        Comment

                        • Kreb
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 62

                          #13
                          I shot Supersix off an e-mail about providing more flow figures. They said that they had 'em, but would have to search. Going by memory they thought that their stage 1s ran about a 19 percent improvement over stock.
                          My car and stuff:

                          http://www.smm.com/gallery/view_albu...Name=number-24

                          Comment

                          • bu01
                            • Apr 2004
                            • 91

                            #14
                            It's hard to say what the max lift will be, but I know that these heads reach full flow at around 0.49 lift, so going over 1/2-inch lift would just be a waste. It's the duration of the intake valve that will provide the horsepower with these heads, not the lift. Stock valve covers should clear, if the lift is not excessive. We use fabricated aluminum covers on our 60-degree V6 racing engines, and we've never had a problem

                            Comment

                            • AaronGTR
                              boost lover
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 708

                              #15
                              Originally posted by bu01
                              will our valve cover even fit right?

                              Yes. Those are the same rockers I'm using and the stock valve covers fit fine. I'm runing .52" of lift too. It's the lower intake manifold that doesn't clear. You need to do some modification to the manifold and four of the rockers to get them to clear.



                              Personally I wouldn't bid on those heads at all without more info. It sounds like the guy doesn't know anything about them with all the "might" and "maybe". I'd want to know exactly what valve springs where used and exactly what valves were in it. With that info and the rockers on there, then they might actually be worth buying just for the cost of the parts. Then you could have more port work done yourself. I'd start bidding around $600 though and wouldn't go higher than $800.
                              '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
                              '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
                              13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
                              Gotta love boost!

                              Comment

                              Working...