LA1/LG8 (3400/3100 00+) heads v. L82 (3100 94-99) heads...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MantaGreen97
    • Oct 2005
    • 40

    #1

    LA1/LG8 (3400/3100 00+) heads v. L82 (3100 94-99) heads...

    I know there are differences in the UIM, LIM, TB, injectors and fuel pressure on these engines, but recently someone on another forum mentioned that the LA1/LG8 also has different heads (higher flowing) than the L82. I've always known/thought the L82 to have the same heads as the LA1/LG8 engines...

    Am I mistaken or is he?
  • bszopi
    Site Coder
    • Apr 2000
    • 9190

    #2
    The old style 3100 heads only have a 1.72" intake valve, whereas the 3400 and new style 3100 heads have the 1.76" intake valve.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

    Comment

    • MantaGreen97
      • Oct 2005
      • 40

      #3
      Originally posted by bszopi View Post
      The old style 3100 heads only have a 1.72" intake valve, whereas the 3400 and new style 3100 heads have the 1.76" intake valve.
      Ahh I see. Alright guess I was wrong, lol. Thanks bszopi! Can always count on you, even since back in the GMPower days!!

      Comment

      • SappySE107
        WOT-Tech
        • Oct 2003
        • 13525

        #4
        I have posted flow sheets for different heads so you can see the difference.

        3100 Heads (93-99)
        http://60degreev6.com/showthread.php?t=24981

        3400 Heads (170 casting)
        http://60degreev6.com/showthread.php?t=24980
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

        Comment

        Working...