FREE CAMSHAFT SELECTION Software from COMP

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Joseph Upson
    • Oct 2026

    #1

    FREE CAMSHAFT SELECTION Software from COMP

    Pretty nice program so far.

    http://www.compcams.com/CAMQUEST/
  • robertisaar
    W-Body for Life!
    • May 2007
    • 6414

    #2
    i was playing with this a few days ago actually, it's like a watered-down version of desktop dyno.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

    Comment

    • Joseph Upson

      #3
      Similar appearance but I'd stop way short of a watered down version unless your copy of Desktop Dyno makes camshaft recommendations. I have 03 and can enter or choose from a selection of camshafts but the program offers no direct cam selection advice based on my engine specs although it has a general selection. I find the recommendation a lot more favorable than my hypothetical entries particularly when Desktop is probably not accurate enough to trust a hypothetical cam grind developed in it without further input from someone else with appropriate knowledge.

      I guess if you look at it more objectively I can see how you can call it watered down though. Just more to the point.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-25-2009, 01:15 PM.

      Comment

      • SappySE107
        WOT-Tech
        • Oct 2003
        • 13525

        #4
        I paid for this software before it was free. Its good for common engines/setups to get an idea, and keep you from getting a bad cam. I found no reason to own it for 60V6s though.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

        Comment

        • robertisaar
          W-Body for Life!
          • May 2007
          • 6414

          #5
          right, i also have DD03, i play with the Pro Iterator constantly for cam specs. and a couple days ago, i punched in about 200 different real world cam specs. that was an exercise i'll let the iterator do for me. the ability to choose a specific strength, like torque under the curve from 3000-6000 RPM has always shown results that were at least in the right direction, if not entirely accurate. then when you have something like the WOT-Tech cam lobe listing in front of you, it becomes a much simpler game of cat-and-mouse.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

          Comment

          Working...