• Show
Clear All

• Canyonero
    replied
    My Trooper needs boost.

Leave a comment:

• 1QUICKHATCH
    replied
    Nice! Good runs for the first time out! How much boost?

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    HIt the track today!

I added 2 videos and a few slips for ya to check out. Totally fell asleep on the 2nd round and had such a horrid light. Been a long few days...to get the car tuned and ready but it ran great. Drove a 120 mile round trip also and it did well.

I love not having a screamer pipe now. All i can hear down the track is the turbo and some throtty exhaust. Love it.

Did i mention that this car is surprisingly consistent! Love that alot.

First time at the track with hybrid - YouTube

First time out. 1st round on brakes for the win - YouTube
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    Update on the build. Tuned it all day. Got it somewhat dialed in. Running med boost. Heres a vid. Plan to make a pass at the track tommorow if all goes well. Not trying to kill it, just make a clean pass or 2 and see what it can do with about 10psi.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Leave a comment:

• caffeine
    replied
    If you go left to right on the coils it actually comes out to be 1 2 3 4 5 6 (looping once). That's how I remember it

Leave a comment:

• 3400-95-Modified
    replied
    nothing too special on the firing order and very easy to remember... It's just the coil arrangement that's a pain to remember.
    Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 05-23-2014, 12:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    My guess... 123456 would be the order.

Updates. I just need to toss the hood on, go renew my tags, and take it for a drive and tune it more. I added just a little fueling to the part throttle and WOT and dumped 1 degree of timing all across the board in hopes that i can at least drive it around the block on that tune and get a guess on how those heads, headers, and such effected my tunes from last year. I drove it back and forth on my drive way for quite a while just because. Dont laugh!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fasteddi; 05-22-2014, 05:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• caffeine
    replied
    Firing order is 123456. But why are you asking? If you're installing plug wires just follow the numbers on the coil pack.

Leave a comment:

• charleszona
    replied
    pls can you tell me the firing order for an oldsmobile silhoutte 1998 with coil pack numbering 1/4 2/5 6/3

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    Yea it getting there. Seems like its been a huge pain to get this thing going but im glad its finally running and getting close to being on the road.

Leave a comment:

• caffeine
    replied
    Sounds like it's going well!

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    Well the only things I need to do still is hook up the TV cable, put the hood on, then take it arround and tune it. Runs well. Only been on stands but I want to take it out on the road next weekend if I can and start tuning at very low boost levels. 5psi or less since I have multiple springs and the controler also. Ive tuned it a bit because it was pretty lean at low kpa idle levels. Also ran it for about 1 hr in total and changed the filter and oil after about a 20 minuet break in run.

Last edited by fasteddi; 05-15-2014, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1QUICKHATCH
    replied
    Any updates?

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    The wheel didnt help....but

So I said screw it and got a new sensor and wired in a different power source because i was in a rush today and only had about 10 minutes to play on the car and what happen...... it F-ing ran! Not sure if it was the sensor yet or the power source cutting out but it runs and I can work on it this weekend to break it in completely and make sure everything is ok.

Leave a comment:

• fasteddi
    replied
    You could be right. But I ordered it anyways just because i spent 2 solid days out there messing with it with no luck. I know the first ICM i had was bad but the used one i have now is good, I even got a brand new one for 90 bucks at orilies because I was so irritated and stressed out. The wireing just to make spark is correct. The sensor ohms are good and it was producing a distinct ac signal but that may have been the problem. If this new wheel doesnt solve the problem then I will know for sure its not the wheel and that part of the system. BCC is shipping the wheel tommorow, being that they are located only 2 hrs away it should be here in 2 days so I can see if it was that or not.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X