No announcement yet.

1/4 mile times ??????? 3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea they changed the reaction time 000 perfect to and up i like the 500 reaction time better but that the way here . this track runs nationals in june so they went to this format .

Comment

Originally posted by handshift View Post
      Yea the best time was the manual shifted and the second run was with 1 thousands 16.855 that was left in over drive . but it strugles to 5500 and its wasting time .Each run after that was a little slower 16.89,16.99 i dont hve the tickets but about the same times as you regarding 60ft and 1/8 mile . i just workrd on my lights ..103 was the best . i firgured I run 20 $ gambles next week . But I dont like beating the motor . Its my daily driver. !bb
      My vac. controlled '91 GP does the same DAMN thing. It struggles the last few hundred RPM's and it brings the ET's down TONS. If you let up on the gas, sometimes it will shift fast. Sometimes it will just keep falling on it's face. Man I'm getting pissed w/ this tranny.
      '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

the 3.1's have a HP peak around 4200-4500 rpm. after 5K they won't do much at all. i've done most of the bolt ons without getting deeper into things and it flattens out at 5300 rpm. no point in shifting any later cause after 5300, it just falls off and fast!

you should be able to do a TV cable adjustment on those. it's where the cable is mounted. you can use your thumb to depress a latch and you want to shorten the cable a little at a time. that will make the shifts sooner. on some trannys this will less line pressure. only if you have the older cable (TV) shifted ones.
        Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
        fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

Originally posted by torq455 View Post
          the 3.1's have a HP peak around 4200-4500 rpm. after 5K they won't do much at all. i've done most of the bolt ons without getting deeper into things and it flattens out at 5300 rpm. no point in shifting any later cause after 5300, it just falls off and fast!

you should be able to do a TV cable adjustment on those. it's where the cable is mounted. you can use your thumb to depress a latch and you want to shorten the cable a little at a time. that will make the shifts sooner. on some trannys this will less line pressure. only if you have the older cable (TV) shifted ones.
          Ya I have the vac. controlled tranny. I can find the damn TV cable, but I can't figure out how to adjust it?
          '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

Yea mine shifts at 6000rpm You are right it just lags last 900 rpm and I tryed lifting ran slower coudnt catch the next gear and had to start over and wait to 6000 agian . No tv cable 4t60e .What about a chip . Could I have them lower it down . 5000 .??

Comment

it's right where the cable clips into the metal bracket that holds it in place. just look at your TB cables. follow the black tear drop looking clip back to the metal bracket. it's all behind the intakes near the firewall. there is a square button. you have to push it down hard and with the other hand, push the cable housing toward that metal bracket. don't want to do it much maybe an 1/8 inch. that will give you noticeable change in shift points.

4T60E, not sure about the chip in those. don't think there is a chip that you can remove to burn and i don't know anyone that can flash that older PCM.

yeah, if you have the 3.1 5500 rpm is over revving it. i'd say it'd be faster if you shift at 5k, maybe less.
              Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
              fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

Originally posted by handshift View Post
                Yea mine shifts at 6000rpm You are right it just lags last 900 rpm and I tryed lifting ran slower coudnt catch the next gear and had to start over and wait to 6000 agian . No tv cable 4t60e .What about a chip . Could I have them lower it down . 5000 .??
                handshift: Really? Just today actually, I've mastered the art of slightly lifting and having it shift.
                But yes, you can buy a chip from the 60*v6 store that will in fact adjust your shift points. I'd give that a try man

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by torq455 View Post
                  it's right where the cable clips into the metal bracket that holds it in place. just look at your TB cables. follow the black tear drop looking clip back to the metal bracket. it's all behind the intakes near the firewall. there is a square button. you have to push it down hard and with the other hand, push the cable housing toward that metal bracket. don't want to do it much maybe an 1/8 inch. that will give you noticeable change in shift points.

4T60E, not sure about the chip in those. don't think there is a chip that you can remove to burn and i don't know anyone that can flash that older PCM.

yeah, if you have the 3.1 5500 rpm is over revving it. i'd say it'd be faster if you shift at 5k, maybe less.
                  Hmmm.. I think I may know what you are talking about. I will need a wrench or something to push it though..
                  Thanks. I am gonna try this now!

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

the 94's 3100 had 160hp then 95-98 had 155hp.

don't flame but going by comparision.
                    i had a 90 acura legend, with jdm engine swap 177hp/162tq.
                    exhaust, intake, ignition.

which was able to outrun a na 3800.
                    but when it went up against my stock 3100...it hung with my gt.
                    meaning my gt basically beat it.

these 3100's don't play around.
                    they (stock) do 0-60mph 8.6 and quarter mile 16.5 on a 96' se which those body styles' weight a bit more than the 94/95 3100's.

the pcm controls the shift on the 4t60-e...and mines with the new pcm shifts at 6,000rpm.
                    1992 nissan maxima se (190hp/205tQ)

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac3100 View Post
                      the 94's 3100 had 160hp then 95-98 had 155hp.

don't flame but going by comparision.
                      i had a 90 acura legend, with jdm engine swap 177hp/162tq.
                      exhaust, intake, ignition.

which was able to outrun a na 3800.
                      but when it went up against my stock 3100...it hung with my gt.
                      meaning my gt basically beat it.

these 3100's don't play around.
                      they (stock) do 0-60mph 8.6 and quarter mile 16.5 on a 96' se which those body styles' weight a bit more than the 94/95 3100's.

the pcm controls the shift on the 4t60-e...and mines with the new pcm shifts at 6,000rpm.
                      Eh my stock 3.1 (rated at 140hp) hangs with a 3800 that has a full exhaust/headers, fully custom tuned ecu, a custom intake, and a ton of suspension mods.
                      Well in first gear he rapes me by a car length, but after i get outta lazy first I hang with him all the way up thru the speeds.
                      And 3400HO GT's are even quicker than your 3100 GT

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

Well If you say it can be done then I will try it tommorow at the track going to run 20$ gamblers I will leave it in over drive .See what happens

Comment

Hey I said a 3.1, not 3100
                          I've also taken a few 3100 GAGT's.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

yea i know the 3400 gagt's are quicker...aabout a second quicker than the 3100.

and you have a grand prix 3.1
                            my friend has a 90 grand pris se 3.1
                            his cars feels more torquey than mines but i'm able to outrun him.

if anything his car is more manitained than mines becuase i worked on his and i've had my car a couple months.

lol! you don't know how pissed i was when my gagt took out my legend.

damn whould've thought a 66,000mile engine had itis ass whipped by a 168,000miles engine/tranny....

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac3100 View Post
                              damn whould've thought a 66,000mile engine had itis ass whipped by a 168,000miles engine/tranny....
                              Welcome to the world of American cars Bro.
                              My '90 SE 3.1 5spd would eat it's 245/50/16's ALIVE until third gear (at this point it became a healthy chirp). Not to mention, even w/ it's 240k miles I would put that car up against anything

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

oh you have a 5 spd.
                                my friends is an auto.
                                he tried to race me and lost lol!

his 3.1 has about 215k miles on it and it runs good.
                                to be honest your gonna laugh...the grand am gt is basically the fastest car i've ever owned.

i thought my xr-7 was quick! heh the ga proved that wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X