1/4 mile times ??????? 3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strtrydr View Post
    hmmm ... none of you guys have gotten below 16.00 1/4 mile without having anything more than CAI and/or Exhaust.

must be the difference in 3400 then ... first run on the strip ran a 15.74; Cannot wiat for the turbo to go in at the end of this month.

i can take down N/A'd 3800's and '06 Focus ST's without trying ... either that or the ST driver sucked
    I dont recall any numbers being much thrown around this thread, but if it's any consolation my 4 banger runs 13's. My Camaro ran HIGH 12's, low 13's. Those are the only cars I have numbers for. I dont much care for numbers in my daily drivers, all that matters is my '91 GP SE auto has RAPED Bimmer 323s/325's, focus sxt's or whatever, a large handful of jap cars etc.. and my new 237k mile Sunbird is faster than my '91

Good luck getting boost on that 3400 though.
    '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

Last edited by pontiac3100; 05-07-2007, 07:43 PM.
      1992 nissan maxima se (190hp/205tQ)

Comment

look how torque the 3400 has.
        the 96-98 3100 ga runs 16.5.
        the 94/95 weighs about 300lbs less.
        i can't wait till i get my 3400 dropped in.

as for my friends 90 gp se...idunno i'll have to check it out wednesday.
        i'm not surprised that the car is still running.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac3100 View Post
          look how torque the 3400 has.
          the 96-98 3100 ga runs 16.5.
          the 94/95 weighs about 300lbs less.
          i can't wait till i get my 3400 dropped in.

as for my friends 90 gp se...idunno i'll have to check it out wednesday.
          i'm not surprised that the car is still running.
          3400's are sweet. I love the 3.1 though.
          '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by 85_305 View Post
            I dont recall any numbers being much thrown around this thread, but if it's any consolation my 4 banger runs 13's. My Camaro ran HIGH 12's, low 13's. Those are the only cars I have numbers for. I dont much care for numbers in my daily drivers, all that matters is my '91 GP SE auto has RAPED Bimmer 323s/325's, focus sxt's or whatever, a large handful of jap cars etc.. and my new 237k mile Sunbird is faster than my '91

Good luck getting boost on that 3400 though.
            Okay ... The Turbo "Kit" is being installed by BlackJack, I know he is a member of this website and he definitely has the knowledge on doing turbos after putting one on his alero. And the kit is coming from Jeremy of DonkeyPunchPerformance.com so ya know this kit is done right. I honestly don't see any problems throwing boost on the 3400. Mind you I am only going to be running 6 psi for now until I get some 36# injectors and get blackjack to retune the PCM for me then I can go to 8 psi. I plan on eventually having the boost cranked up to 12psi ... just waiting for BlackJack to work the kinks out.

Comment

I ran a 16.0 back in 02 I think it was. I had a 15" subwoofer (IDQ v2) and box and amp in the back. I was stock other than a 2" dynomax ultraflo muffler.

Also the car had the original LIM and O2 sensor which meant rough idle (vacuum leak) and running too rich. It was pretty hot too and my first time ever at a track.

I bet stock I could of been in the 15's with the motor tuned up. I ran Z26 wheels 205/55R16.
              sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
              1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
              16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
              Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

^Nice ...

And I only brought up my 1/4 mile time since this thread is called "1/4 mile times"

Comment

And the kit is coming from Jeremy of DonkeyPunchPerformance.com so ya know this kit is done right.
                  Not sure that I would agree with that 100%. Nothing against Jeremy, but he had some major issues in the last year with getting parts out to customers. I just remember 1 guy who ordered a turbo kit and it took over a year for Jeremy to get him all the parts.
                  -Brad-
                  89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                  sigpic
                  Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Yea, I have heard about the wait issues ... but that has already been taken care of for me. The parts should already be delivered to BlackJack and he should be fabbing the rest of the stuff up. Only thing I will have to do is have my current exhaust connected to the the downpipe of the turbo.

Comment

And I only brought up my 1/4 mile time since this thread is called "1/4 mile times"
                      Ah yes.. good point

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

add another to my list....a 99 accord v6, lol!
                        left his ass

Comment

add another to my list....a 99 accord v6, lol!
                          left his ass
                          Dude this reminds me! I completly WALKED a 2000+ accord the second day i had my '93 Sunbird. 5spd 3.1!! Dude first was iffy (my tranny is short geared, so it doesn't last long.), but second I pulled, and then by third i was PULLING. When we raced from a roll, I slapped it into third from fifth and walked him like a lame dog. No contest. We then met up at a large intersection turned red. I turned around, waved and yelled "sorry my 237k mile Pontiac beat that... better trade that stupid honda in soon!" and he just gave me a sarcastic thumbs up, all the while looking like he's about to monsoon out his eye sockets. It was great.

But good kill! Keep 'em coming!

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

damn a sunbird 3.1 out ran one?!
                            that reminds me i was watching pimp my ride and this cavalier convertable was on there...had the 3.1 auto.

when x pulled it in the the shop they asked him :
                            "how is it?"

xzibit reply was :" it's fast as fu#&!.lol!

Comment

that reminds me i was watching pimp my ride and this cavalier convertable was on there...had the 3.1 auto.

"how is it?"

Was this before or after it was "Pimped"?
                              Links:
                              WOT-Tech.com
                              FaceBook
                              Instagram

Comment

"how is it?"

Ya dude! This thing is UNGODLY quick for a damn 237k mile Sunbird!!! Today I had it going 90. I was at the bottom of fourth gear. That means, I fourth to finish off (fourth and fifth pull the hardest for some reason. You can tell a BIG difference at WOT between 3rd and 4th-5th). I love it.
                                But not gonna lie. I was also surprised that I pulled that new accord so hard because they are supposed to be "fast" to all the Fan Boi's

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X