96-97 48 gram lifters????

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • your_I.D.
    • Mar 2005
    • 337

    #1

    96-97 48 gram lifters????

    Anyone found lighter lifters for the 96-97 motors?

    UPDATE Found 53 gram 33mm lifters!

    Factory lifters weight: 62 grams
    1997 Z34 Monte,: testing 4 exh cam\'s, RSM STB, K&N, Eagle077 245/40/ZR18 Nitto Extreme
    1972 3/4 ton 4X4 longbed, built 350, 400 auto, 6\" spring lift, 35\" AT/BFG\'s, dana 60 front axle, 14 bolt gm w/detroit locker 4.56 gears. My ricer smasher
  • dohcfiend
    King Chalupa
    • Jan 2004
    • 2351

    #2
    RE: 96-97 48 gram lifters????

    96 motors use the same lifters as 91-95
    The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

    Comment

    • your_I.D.
      • Mar 2005
      • 337

      #3
      ok my bad then 97 motors. the smaller lifter design.
      1997 Z34 Monte,: testing 4 exh cam\'s, RSM STB, K&N, Eagle077 245/40/ZR18 Nitto Extreme
      1972 3/4 ton 4X4 longbed, built 350, 400 auto, 6\" spring lift, 35\" AT/BFG\'s, dana 60 front axle, 14 bolt gm w/detroit locker 4.56 gears. My ricer smasher

      Comment

      • series8217
        • Dec 2004
        • 387

        #4
        Anyone have pics of the 97 cams and cam carriers?

        Comment

        • SappySE107
          WOT-Tech
          • Oct 2003
          • 13525

          #5
          I found another 33mm lifter but I need a stocker to compare with. I doubt its lighter though.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

          Comment

          • your_I.D.
            • Mar 2005
            • 337

            #6
            I found some aftermarket ones. I ordered 3. I'll compare the weights Friday.

            Anyone have pics of the 97 cams and cam carriers?
            I can take some tonight.
            1997 Z34 Monte,: testing 4 exh cam\'s, RSM STB, K&N, Eagle077 245/40/ZR18 Nitto Extreme
            1972 3/4 ton 4X4 longbed, built 350, 400 auto, 6\" spring lift, 35\" AT/BFG\'s, dana 60 front axle, 14 bolt gm w/detroit locker 4.56 gears. My ricer smasher

            Comment

            • series8217
              • Dec 2004
              • 387

              #7
              Originally posted by your_I.D.
              I found some aftermarket ones. I ordered 3. I'll compare the weights Friday.

              Anyone have pics of the 97 cams and cam carriers?
              I can take some tonight.
              That'd be great, thanks.

              Comment

              • series8217
                • Dec 2004
                • 387

                #8
                Piiiiicsss?

                Comment

                • your_I.D.
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 337

                  #9
                  series8217

                  A private space for your group's photos and videos. Share, react, and relive moments together. Available on iOS, Android, and desktop. Free for new sign-ups.
                  1997 Z34 Monte,: testing 4 exh cam\'s, RSM STB, K&N, Eagle077 245/40/ZR18 Nitto Extreme
                  1972 3/4 ton 4X4 longbed, built 350, 400 auto, 6\" spring lift, 35\" AT/BFG\'s, dana 60 front axle, 14 bolt gm w/detroit locker 4.56 gears. My ricer smasher

                  Comment

                  • series8217
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 387

                    #10
                    Awesome. Thank you very much!

                    Comment

                    • series8217
                      • Dec 2004
                      • 387

                      #11
                      They did nothing to fix the horrible oil drainback. Interesting. All the same tiny passages and casting flaws I had to fix when I built my 93.
                      Anyone have pics of the oil distribution cover for the 97? I wonder if the passages are smaller to restrict flow to the heads.

                      Comment

                      • DreX
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 74

                        #12
                        Did you weigth the lifters? That will give a ball park#

                        Thanks
                        DreX

                        Comment

                        • your_I.D.
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 337

                          #13
                          Factory 97 33mm lifters weight: 62 grams dry

                          Aftermarket 97 33mm lifter weights:53 grams dry
                          1997 Z34 Monte,: testing 4 exh cam\'s, RSM STB, K&N, Eagle077 245/40/ZR18 Nitto Extreme
                          1972 3/4 ton 4X4 longbed, built 350, 400 auto, 6\" spring lift, 35\" AT/BFG\'s, dana 60 front axle, 14 bolt gm w/detroit locker 4.56 gears. My ricer smasher

                          Comment

                          Working...