S&S headers closing/closed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nixtux
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Keep your pants on. Good things are going to be happening 2010...
    hehe, no hurry, just saying I'd be game on a buy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Khipset
    replied
    No funds - but available for a test in FL.

    W-Body (3400 Impala)

    Leave a comment:


  • ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Keep your pants on. Good things are going to be happening 2010...

    Leave a comment:


  • nixtux
    replied
    If a option comes up on here, I'd likely be in as long as I was given a month to
    come up with the cash. Assuming it's reasonable. The Alero is set to get the
    3500 swapped in the 4th. After that I want to get a sub-frame and another
    3500 and try to get a 4t65e mounted. Probably going to get a backup Alero for
    the project instead of using this one since two is always better than one. I'm
    debating between an Alero and Park Avenue. I like full size sedans a bit more.
    The Alero does handle good though. Even on the ice and snow, it just whips
    around town. I love it. The 3400 has a nice kick in the car too. Can't wait to
    see the differences with the 3500 from the 3400.

    Leave a comment:


  • nixtux
    replied
    I was going to buy the headers from their site today but I looked on this site first. They
    should take their site down. They are sending e-mails to people who paid already so why
    is their site still excepting money?

    Glad I did now.

    Leave a comment:


  • gectek
    replied
    oops...i should have read better. lol. looks good from there.

    Leave a comment:


  • IsaacHayes
    replied
    gectek, fail... That pic of the coated are the SS ones used for making the jig... lol

    Leave a comment:


  • gectek
    replied


    from this thread
    http://60degreev6.com/forum/f96/proj...s-t44375/page3

    Leave a comment:


  • gectek
    replied
    you did not look at the finished product then. it looks A HELLUVA lot better. that is a rough shot. look up the thread here. they are better

    Leave a comment:


  • 3400-95-Modified
    replied
    Never said S&S was TIG'd, its just when you use a set of universal 90* and 180* mandrel bends you end up with a few more seams that you have to butt weld together, which leaves more welding joints visible.

    Like I said I'm not trying to insult the project in any way since you are the only one doing headers now, and specific to the L-body at that.

    As far as what the welds look like I was going off the pictures posted on Bnet and Bstuff, these





    I know I couldn't do much better I'm sure, But I was simply saying if I were to make my own set I would simply tack them together and then probably bring them to my cousin to have them finished off with the TIG to keep the seams smoother, and then have them coated... Trust me I hate the look of my current ones because they were the first set of S&S ones modified so I have a few extra cuts I had to weld up that I didn't do a good job on. I'm glad only one is visible and it came out good.

    And yes I'm well aware that if this was the norm these would cost an arm and a leg, and that's why I don't expect them to be done that way.


    And when I asked this
    Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
    What type of welder are you using btw?
    I was wondering if you were using a flux core or gas welder, and if it was a 220v or 110v version.
    Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 12-11-2009, 02:51 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    If you are going to be anal, you want stainless and nothing else. We can accomodate your needs, tig welder and all.

    Leave a comment:


  • ForcedFirebird
    replied
    How close have you looked at the welds, and what makes you think the S&S were TIG'd?

    Just an FYI, you can't TIG swagged collectors, and if you think you can, then you wouldn't be asking me

    Leave a comment:


  • 3400-95-Modified
    replied
    out of ALL the headers I've seen made on here... the one thing that turns me off on ALL of them are the quality of the welding...

    call me anal, but even the beta sets leave some to be desired. They should be tig'd but I know not everyone has access to one of those... I do now however If I make the set and tack it with a mig my cousin can tig them up nice.

    ForcedFirebird, by no means am I insulting your product either, It gets the job done just fine regardless of looks, I'm just a little particular on some things. What type of welder are you using btw?

    Leave a comment:


  • geldartb
    replied
    Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post

    If I get the time I may produce another set of my own equal length that fits better... But I just need to find the time. And buy a damn welder... lol
    me too id like a set that looks like the ones Dave had on his car.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3400-95-Modified
    replied
    Only thing I would like to see is a set of headers produced by him that meet the same standards as the S&S ones did, and what I mean by that is to not have to relocate the oil pressure sending unit, or come that close to the starter... I know those are equal length that your showing but I would hope you could produce a standard set as well.

    If I get the time I may produce another set of my own equal length that fits better... But I just need to find the time. And buy a damn welder... lol

    Leave a comment:

Working...