3.4 Frankenbird Won't Start!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    here ya go lol...




    Leave a comment:


  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
    I am "starting over" with the base VE table. I only see future headaches if I don't reshape this better. The lack of MAP resolution is going to be so much fun:P Does anyone have a stock iron head dyno sheet? I want to see what the graph looks like vs the stock fueling tables. I will also look at the dynomation graph for your current setup and hopefully get this roughed in.
    Errr is this a bad thing?


    I'll try to find a dyno sheet for you but i know there aren't too many floating around...

    What's dynomation? I'm intrigued...

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    I am "starting over" with the base VE table. I only see future headaches if I don't reshape this better. The lack of MAP resolution is going to be so much fun:P Does anyone have a stock iron head dyno sheet? I want to see what the graph looks like vs the stock fueling tables. I will also look at the dynomation graph for your current setup and hopefully get this roughed in.

    Leave a comment:


  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    here's the log...

    btw.. I thought the BLM looked pretty high while idling...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    Definitely a lot better this time. I think the BLM/INT was MUCH improved, at least from what i could see while driving. Still some issues however. The car stalled out the first time i put it in REVERSE. It's done this a couple times now, how do we fix that? Up the rpms while in gear?

    It didn't stall out at all while I was at stop signs but it did seem like it was pretty darn close and when i got home and stopped the car fully for a few seconds (in gear) it did stall out.

    I'm wondering if we ought to up the rpms a bit more? Or maybe it's something else causing the stall outs?

    Here's the chronology so you can relate it to the log.

    Started car and let it warm up >Started to datalog>put car in reverse then it stalled out>started car back up and took it around the streets for a while with no major issues>came home and stopped just outside the garage and it stalled out again>stopped logging.

    Either way, it was MUCH improved while I was out driving. I hope the log shows that too. Let me know what you think...


    max

    Leave a comment:


  • robertisaar
    replied
    if it's running better, why not?

    Leave a comment:


  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    roger that.

    Going over to log tonite, hopefully with the latest .bin changes I won't have to worry about stalling out again..... or at least as much as last time...

    I'll probably post the log ~ 6pm or so.


    edit: Should i drive for a bit longer this time if the car is running a lot better?

    Leave a comment:


  • robertisaar
    replied
    assuming the cranking fuel vs TPS table is set up the way it was from the factory, it would go into clear flood mode and bascially inject VERY little fuel when the engine is cycling.

    Leave a comment:


  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    When rich like that )possibly flooded), easiest way to start the car is put the gas to the floor and keep it there until it catches.
    So that we can get some more air for all that fuel?

    Leave a comment:


  • ForcedFirebird
    replied
    When rich like that )possibly flooded), easiest way to start the car is put the gas to the floor and keep it there until it catches.

    Leave a comment:


  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
    piece of cake, its rich as hell Sent you another .bin.
    lol

    that's some cake.

    got the .bin

    will log tomorrow evening.

    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    piece of cake, its rich as hell Sent you another .bin.

    Leave a comment:


  • robertisaar
    replied
    sounds like your typical untuned, cammed car...

    it'll get better.

    Leave a comment:


  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    here's the fail log.

    i think at about row 3315 i started to actually drive down the street.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tkoforpresident; 03-22-2010, 03:25 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    well i'm glad that's over with.

    That was the data log from HELL!

    I started logging after letting the car idle for a while and warm up. I didn't actually take off to drive until the temps reached ~ 150 * F or so. I started to back the car out of the driveway and it stalled out

    fired right back up though and stayed on as long as i gave it gas and didn't let it stop for too long. It stalled out a few times (at stop signs) and i had to restart it again. Each time it got harder to the point where this one time i didn't think i'd ever get it to start again and resolved to take it back to the garage as soon as possible!

    Add into all that, the fact that it was about 40 degrees outside and raining torrents of water (fogging up my windows and making it nearly impossible to see out of) and there were cops coming a little too close for comfort (my inspection sticker is way old for obvious reasons) in general i had a pretty lousy time. BUT!! I hope we can use the log that i took. Occasionally i looked at the blm/int while driving and they were definitely WAY off.

    Ben, if you can make this car driveable I think I can believe in miracles.


    Log will be in my next post. I'd love to hear comments from any/all of you.

    max

    Leave a comment:

Working...