Scorpion Roller Rockers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SappySE107
    replied
    Yes, those would be 1 of the rocker versions we will be seeing early next year. Fingers crossed

    Leave a comment:


  • ttops87
    replied
    Question with Interest

    Greetings, I'm new to the forum as I have just bought a 2006 Monte Carlo with the 3900 (vin 1 in 8th character). I am just beginning to learn about this motor and all the variations of it.

    Are the rockers in question for my motor? I have been trying to find performance mods and happily stumbled across this thread. Thanks for the help and good luck with the development.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3400-95-Modified
    replied
    Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
    L body headers will be on wot-tech soon (for beta testers). That isn't for this thread:P
    I know, I was using it for an example of how things just don't get done if you don't have the user base to justify the time to make it... Even if it is the smallest change to something that they already produce.

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    L body headers will be on wot-tech soon (for beta testers). That isn't for this thread:P

    Leave a comment:


  • 3400-95-Modified
    replied
    Originally posted by bszopi View Post
    IIRC, it took about 3 years and 2-3 companies to get a set of headers made. And I bet they (S&S) still haven't broken even on it.
    And they don't even make them for a L-body yet, and I've proven its just a slight re-bend of the rear header and it would work.

    Leave a comment:


  • gectek
    replied
    They do sell out. But they prob dont make many in a run. Honestly IF gm kept the pushrod 3500/3900 these would still sell well into the future. I hope they do.

    Honestly it takes money to get anything done. The good news is, the money is there, just sitting in wait.

    Leave a comment:


  • bszopi
    replied
    IIRC, it took about 3 years and 2-3 companies to get a set of headers made. And I bet they (S&S) still haven't broken even on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Firehawk94
    replied
    I guess you have a point there......man, the anticipation must be killing yall. I dont have the patience for stuff like this.

    Leave a comment:


  • bszopi
    replied
    If you owned a company that typically makes parts for SBCs, SBFs, etc., how much time would you put into R&D for a product that will most likely sell the same quantity in its entire life that a similar SBC product sells in a month? Low demand for a product means it often gets put on the back burner...

    Leave a comment:


  • Firehawk94
    replied
    Wow this thread is 5 months old, and there was also a previous thread? Sheesh how long does it take to fabricate rocker arms? Educate me.

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
    you guys are getting this pumped about rocker arms?

    what the heck are these things made out of? Gold?
    Better than gold. Aluminum and of a higher ratio.

    Leave a comment:


  • asylummotorsports
    replied
    Well I have cash ready for a couple of promises.

    The rocker arms AND the timing chain set.

    Dates, How Much?

    Leave a comment:


  • gectek
    replied
    NO, gold rockers are only avail from Comp....sheesh get with the program!

    Leave a comment:


  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    you guys are getting this pumped about rocker arms?

    what the heck are these things made out of? Gold?

    Leave a comment:


  • gectek
    replied
    It is getting closer. ALOT closer. Who is ready? I smell big things happening next month to poss the 1st of Jan!!!

    Who saved up their money? I know I did!!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...