3.4 Frankenbird Won't Start!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    thanks for all the advice. I know what to do now this first time around.

    Leave a comment:


  • robertisaar
    replied
    cell is the correct word, but it's going to be tough trying to hit every cell, first time out with that cam and no other VE tuning done yet...

    Leave a comment:


  • Weatheralls Auto
    replied
    Sorry, newb, didnt mean cell, and atm I cant think of the correct word lol.
    Basically hit every spot on the VE table.

    And ya, closed loop and go I guess for now till VE is closer, then longer drives?

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    He won't be driving enough to get the IAT back down to normal temp, so I am going to stick with my recommendation for closed loop and go. Hit every cell? I don't think so. Other than only having 3 cells, I am going by your assumption that there is more than idle, decel, and cruise, which there is not for OBD1. We don't want anything even close to WOT right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Weatheralls Auto
    replied
    Tuning newb here, but I would say let vehicle get to operating temp, then drive.
    Can you scan while logging and driving?
    You want to try and hit every cell, alwayss slight throttle movement up/down small hills if possible.
    If you can scan , then watch you afr while driving.

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    yeah, later on I would want it warmed up first, but for right now as long as its in closed loop, we can see if its way off or close.

    Leave a comment:


  • robertisaar
    replied
    Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
    How long can/should the first driving log be? I was thinking that i could take the bird around the block a couple times so we can get at least a starting point to see how much the VE is off.

    Also, for best logging results, should i wait to take the car out until it's warmed up to operating temps?
    if it's not up to temp, it's not going to be an entirely trust-worthy log...

    as for driving around the block: as long as this block doesn't require a whole lot of re-adjusting the throttle, sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    As long as possible really, but we need to make sure it will not be dangerous to drive first. Around the block a couple times will be a good start. Warmed up is optimal, but as long as the O2 is heated up and the car is in closed loop, I can work with it for now.

    Leave a comment:


  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    Be careful John, that's a dangerous self fulfilling prophesy your messing with.





    How long can/should the first driving log be? I was thinking that i could take the bird around the block a couple times so we can get at least a starting point to see how much the VE is off.

    is this acceptable?

    Also, for best logging results, should i wait to take the car out until it's warmed up to operating temps?

    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Day off, what's that?

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    haha, no. We have been friends for years but I am the only one has has years of experience and practice already. I show them some stuff but for the most part they make up their own parts for drums and bass and we go from there. Its all about getting drunk and having fun. Hell, its my only day off, so I take advantage as best as I can

    Leave a comment:


  • robertisaar
    replied
    Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
    guitar and vocals in the band. I play bass usually, and I play drums too.
    so you ARE the band? like trent renzor? you just have other people play when it's live?

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    guitar and vocals in the band. I play bass usually, and I play drums too.

    Leave a comment:


  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
    i have band practice on saturdays so I won't be around.
    What do you play?

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    i have band practice on saturdays so I won't be around.

    Leave a comment:

Working...